2004 WRX Insurance Rates in Maine

mikebike357

So i'm beginning the process of migrating my insurance from PA to ME. The annual cost of the Forester drops a few $$ but the WRX jumps like $80/yr!! What gives?! I'm wondering if the insurance folks are quoting an STi. The Farm quoted me at just a hair under $1100/yr to insure the WRX. And that's with being accident free, anti-theft stuff, safety stuff, multi-car & multi-line discounts. What are you guys w/ WRX's and STi's payin?

subaru16valve

Maine = suck

Insurance works off all those pesky crash stats (as we all know) and since Maine is full of trees, moose and deer there are more WRX/STI totals/major accidents per sq. area.. which screws even us L folks.

Thanks guys. Keep your cars on the road.. DANGIT (says the kid who let his car roll backwards into the trees)

-A

Runnah

I just think it's odd that it's such a big jump... I mean, my Forester payment went DOWN!

well normally soccor moms don't speed. ;D ;D ;D

I kid, but seriously Im sure WRX are on some kind of list for more risk.

mikebike357

You callin' me a soccer mom????
default_wink.png

Well... I guess it's better than the other type of Forester driver... HAHA!

The WRX is a higher risk vehicle becuase a lot of them end up wrapped around telephone poles. But paying $1100/yr in insurance for an accident free 30year old woman is obscene. That's it! I'm trading it in on a Chevy Aveo!

not.

WashmyScooby

904/year full coverage on 2005 WRX
default_wink.png
Of course, I'm 28 and have a squeaky clean record. It's gonna go down again because I just got married
default_smile.png

-Believe it or not, this is through PROGRESSIVE!

katnip

the car is black. I swear
when we had the 02 rex we paid 1200/year, multi car (5)/house insurance. when I bought the RS I thought the insurance would be cheaper than the rex, it went up >
default_wink.png
Yes an 01 RS was more expensive than an 02 rex. I switched companies and did get the insurance on the RS down, but had sold the rex. And we ain't kids either. ;D

mikebike357

I need to weigh the options of switching the wrx to another provider. I'll lose the multi-car on the Forester in that situation so it may not be worth it.

But, I guess it's understandable why rates are high... damn near every day on my 4 mile drive home there's a wreck on 295.

C

chris

when I had my wrx(last year) it was 6 or 700/yr. $1000 deductible Old fart from the woods, multi-car, home yadda yadda

Mr. Poon

We pay $2,280 per year in total for the following:

2005 Legacy GT sedan

2003 GMC Yukon

1990 Chevy 2500 4WD

1957 Willy's CJ3B

Homeowner's policy

$1M Umbrella policy

This is all through State Farm.

Y

YTrash

On an '05 STi I pay $1140/ year for full coverage $300k worth. But I have a clean MVR and I am getting old...almost 30!

Latest posts

Back