2011+ wrx aftermarket headlights

jman22183

Hey everybody, I'm new to this forum. Searched the forum and didn't find anything... Or maybe I don't know how to use the forum...So I figured that I would start a new topic and ask.  So anyways... I have a 2011 Wrx sedan and stupid me decided to put some cheap aftermarket bulbs in my low beams.  Well... unfortunately it melted my headlight housings beyond repair. So now i'm in the market for some new headlights.  I've searched for oem headlights and they are expensive$$$$$, used oem usually have broken tabs and still are pretty expensive, and then there are aftermarkets like (Depo).  What should I do?  Any recommendations?  Anything to stay away from? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

jojo69

The best option is to go used oem, but as you mentioned, you have to be lucky to find a set in good condition... it happens though... I now there is one floating around here for $100, but it's just one side. That is, find the opposite side and you got yourself a pair! 

I heard the depo weren't a good 'fit' in the oem location so I would not recommend that route unless they are temporary until u find a used set. 

How bad is the damage? Any pics? just curious. 

There is no quick fix unless you find a used set on ebay, craigslist, unclehenry's, local forum, junkyard, car-parts.com etc...

Good luck!  

jman22183

Thanks for the info.  I jerry-rigged the stock bulbs back into the housing for now. All it took was a dremel, a little filing, and some zip ties. Looks a little sketchy but it will do for now.   I'll put some pics up of the damage if i get some time.  Keep a look out for a good deal on some lights.  I'm really looking for a set from a 2011 cause i like the blacked out look. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back