225/50/16 on 16x7 53mm offset Question

RedForester08

Does anyone run this setup? I have the 16 x7 53mm offset RS wheels and want to run the 225/50/16 on them. Anyone running this? should there be clearance issues? Tire spec says they are .7" wider. figure half of that per side @ .35" extra width. If i just mount the RS wheel on the car and they have stock size tires on them and measure between the tire and strut for the .35" of extra space needed will that show me if a I have room?

Thanks for your input

Matt

That's what's on my rs for winter mode. Lowered and on 02-03 wrx rims. I only rubbed in the front on big bumps.

Maxxguy25RS

I want this exact setup for my car as well. I plan to add 1/4 wheel spacers from the hats of old brake rotors. I'm having a bit of a hard time finding rs rims 5 and 6 spoke style. I hope with the extra spacer, I won't have any clearance issues. Maybe rubbing the rear fenders? Possibly need a fender roll?

Ray

The Northernah'
Thanks Matt! I was, but then the girlfriend layed claim to them for her 2013 impreza :/

oh5xt

I'm selling some tires that exact size! They're Bridgestone potenza re760 sports, they have about 5k. If your interested let me know and I can get pictures to you. I'm asking $100.00 for them, I paid almost $700 last summer

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
225/50-16s on stock RS wheels will fit almost any scooby with 5x100 hubs. have run that combo on 2 2000 RSes (coupe and sedan), the LDR RS rally car (with 50mm DMS struts, the tires barely cleared spring collars) an 05 REx wag, an 02 Rex wag. Zero mods needed, even on the RS coupe which had been lowered a good bit.

Moral: Nigel likes RS 6-spokes with fat Dunlops or Yokos.

Note: some 225/50-16 tires are fatter than others (actual widths can vary by half an inch or more), but even the Dunlop Star Spec jumbo-fatties fit without rubbing.

If car has been lowered a bunch or you're running some sort of coilovers, YMMV of course.

RedForester08

The tires are Ventus V12 evo K110 225/50/ 16 96W. Hankook's spec sheet is where I got the width of 7.4. The car is on MY07 STI springs. The Impreza stock Bridgestones are 6.8. these tires are on the way. It shoud look sweet with a little bit wider rubber.

RedForester08

Tires mounted and Fit Awesome. no rubbing at all. Thanks for the info guys. It made pulling the trigger on this size tire stress free. The are a fat tire. LOVE IT.

P1010049_zps671c1166.jpg

Zach

I ran this same thing last summer but my alignment was -1.5 in the front and -1.0 in the rear.

Latest posts

Back