22t

Tyler

So a couple you were telling me about making my 2.2 a 2.2t ... I saw these on ebay, but what model is this from? An RX? EA82? Would these work in making my engine turbo, or are they worthless?

R

redlinerally

Would what work? I think u forgot the link.
default_biggrin.png

Rightseat

don't want to burst your bubble, but swaps always sound so simple before you start...then the delays, cost overruns and complications set in.

you should be aware that doing a swap is NOT a trivial undertaking. you need to be prepared to either pay someone else a couple thousand $$$ to do it, or....

have the tools, garage space, patience and know-how to do it yourself. have the connections to suss out a setup (basic engineering skills) and scrounge parts in a timely and cost-effective manner. then have another car to drive for a month or two while your 2.2 is getting its turbo transplant (not something that is likely to happen in a couple of weekend days, you know)

just bolting on a turbo is the least of your worries. substantial power upgrades require additinal cooling upgrades. more power requires a stronger clutch, more brakes and better suspension, etc etc etc. before you know it, you've been working on the car for months and spending $$$ like mad and it's STILL not ready.

bottom line is, unless you are able and willing to undergo a highly experimental procedure on your subaru, if you want a faster car, sell the one you have and get a used WRX.
default_biggrin.png

OTOH, tinkering with scooby swaps and upgrades and stuff is some ppl'ls favorite sport!

Dave G

Evan

the ej22t pistons are the ones you want. they came from the legacy turbo's from 90-94. if you're not sure what motor they come from, the bore on them should be 94mm (unless they're oversized).

Latest posts

Back