ABS

ditch_bound

Have any of you guys experimented with taking your ABS fuse out? My cars ABS goes nuts if I even think about stepping on my brakes. I read alittle about it on NASIOC but was curious if any of you local guys have messed with it. I think my car is super sensative or maybe they are all like that. I also was wondering if any of you have hooked up a switch to disable it, and if so would you help me do it?
default_frown.gif

katnip

the car is black. I swear
ABS this time of year sucks arse, totally useless on slimy surfaces. you can pull the fuse in most cars and the car will work fine, just be aware that if you wreck the car and the insurance co figures out you pulled it, they will probably deny a claim.

if the ABS is twitchy on any surface, have them checked

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
There is an easy way to put a switch in for abs. I gave Joel the diagram a while back. I think TonyQ has it as well. Check out their setup.

it takes all of 20min to do.

inski

Yeah, if its super sensitive even on clear pavement during regular stops have it checked out.

IN THE MEAN time pull the fuse so it doesn't cause any problems for you.

Also, chek your tires, sucky tires will lock up way quicker than tires that bite the snow/pavement/ice/gravel/snot.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I rigged up a switch to shut off the ABS. You can switch it off on the fly, but for it to come back on you have to shut the switch off and turn the car off/on. I hope I'm consious if I crash...

It's for "off-road use only" anyway ;D

ReZPunK

I rigged up a switch to shut off the ABS. You can switch it off on the fly, but for it to come back on you have to shut the switch off and turn the car off/on. I hope I'm consious if I crash...

It's for "off-road use only" anyway ;D
you know...there ought to be a "DIY" or "How To.." section on the forums some place. and only verified methods should be used and pics to fill the threads. from basic stuff to more daunting projects.

i would like to see said ABS switch install and know how to do it.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
The detailed write up you did was for wiring a WRX sedan for a trailer. We talked about the ABS fuse at the auto-x in Windham.

All I did was pull the fuse, take some terminals that had the same prongs as a mini fuse and bend them so they fit in the fuse box without hitting the coin tray. I ran some wires up to one of the empty switch holes about 6" above the fuse box and wire in a missle switch. I put a in-line fuse on the way up. Mine being a missle switch, I had to flip the switch in the holder so it is normally on and when you flip the switch, the circut is broken. The ABS light stays on. Flip the switch off, and the next time you start the car, ABS is back on. It's purdy slick.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
now when you flip the ABS back to "ON" does it not work untill you restart the car, or is it that the ABS light stays on till you restart.

Latest posts

Back