admin updates/other updates

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Maine indoor karting meet! Haha i feel like we would get kicked out rather quickly.

you won't get kicked out if you aren't being a douche.  it's also the cheapest/least liability racing you can do.  not advocating for them, just think it's a good spot for a meet 

Matt

I attempted a meet there once. Needed people to commit but no one would. I think it was like 50-60 bucks a person. I'd need everyone to prepay first before I set that up

Alura

Why so much per person? Its only like 24 per person regularly
that's the price for 1 race. that would be a really quick meet if everyone only did one race. if we did an all day event and rented it out, it would be based on quite a bit per person. 

Alura

if we rented it out so that we could actually have more then 15 people and race together without other people or teenagers it would be 1500 for the first hour and 1/2 then 1000 for each additional hour. as fun as that would be, that should like to much lol

cwiggin

that's the price for 1 race. that would be a really quick meet if everyone only did one race. if we did an all day event and rented it out, it would be based on quite a bit per person.
Ohhh yah true. Didn't think of that haha. that's quite a costly meet

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
if we rented it out so that we could actually have more then 15 people and race together without other people or teenagers it would be 1500 for the first hour and 1/2 then 1000 for each additional hour. as fun as that would be, that should like to much lol

that rate is understandable if you have the track going the entire 1.5hrs+, with at least 8 rigs going at a time.  It's pretty much the regular rate plus a small fee for taking the place over.  However, I don't think that it makes sense for this small of a club (or the probable turnout at least).  If it were me, I'd plan to just bum around there for a weekend day, and offer for people to stop by and race.  No need to rent the whole place out.  People can stay as long as they want to, but you won't always get to race with other buds.  In fact, I think it's great when some 10 year old shows up and schools up all of the older "racers."

brycetron

With being able to send "gifts in paypal to avoid the fees.  It would be pretty easy to pre-pay to set something up.

My small group of car buds do a 3 day road rally every summer and we start Friday morning off at Maine indoor karting.  Usually have 10 or so of us.  We get breakfast, cruise down and do 1 race.  Its an inexpensive way to get in some competitive racing.

Basically, IMO, a meet that consisted of just one race would be cool.  Parking lot is plenty big to hang around a bit before/after and talk shop.

I would be up for buying a fitted hat.  I had some fitted hats embroidered.  They were less than $20 per and that was only making around 10 of them.  Not too bad.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Kati attempted the Indoor Karting meet a while back as well, and had the same issue, no one would commit.

Alura

that rate is understandable if you have the track going the entire 1.5hrs+, with at least 8 rigs going at a time.  It's pretty much the regular rate plus a small fee for taking the place over.  However, I don't think that it makes sense for this small of a club (or the probable turnout at least).  If it were me, I'd plan to just bum around there for a weekend day, and offer for people to stop by and race.  No need to rent the whole place out.  People can stay as long as they want to, but you won't always get to race with other buds.  In fact, I think it's great when some 10 year old shows up and schools up all of the older "racers."
Well I would be hoping we have as many in attendance to the annual meet as last year if not more. and last year there were 30 or more people there. And the annual meet usually lasts most of the day. There's no reason why we would need to rent the whole place out. it would just be fun to have it be an all mainely thing. and if anyone wanted to do more the one race and we had the same turnout as last year, it would be wayyy less expensive to rent the place out anyways. but getting everyone to commit is hard, because if something comes up and you can't go, you dont want to have already paid for it. its understandable why people can't commit. If we started there in the morning and did a race or two and then did something after that would be great too.

Vegasjetta

you won't get kicked out if you aren't being a douche.  it's also the cheapest/least liability racing you can do.  not advocating for them, just think it's a good spot for a meet 
Agreed, it's a GREAT spot for a meet. I used to work there and I still know the owners, so I may be able to set that up. 

Latest posts

Back