Aftermarket intercooler OBXT fitment questions

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Any year LGT and 08+ wrx topmounts will fit, but ive seen the same statement in all the descriptions pertaining to fitment on OBXT's it reads something like "due to clearence issues between intercooler and master cylinder, turbo requires re-clocking"

What is "re-clocking"? Stg.2 has defeated my stock I.c, and im in the market for something a lil less.... Plastic.

Thanks in advance!

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
My whole issue with a front mount is the amount of 2'+ snowbanks I cant avoid driving over (not even hooning) in the winter. Between my house and a state maintained road theres the possibility of having to plow through 3 monster snowbanks if we have any sort of good size storm. I cant imagine that sort of thing would be good for an intercooler

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Reclocking means rotating the compressor housing on the turbo but as far as I know, you have the lgt style turbo with the 2 bolt flange for the compressor outlet. I dont think reclocking is going to do anything.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
that's just what ive been reading justin, i dont know all the details. Thanks for learning me on the subject though. I

know its a longshot, but anyone on here have an OBXT with an upgraded topmount? Ill have to do some serious googling and figure out what theyre talking about with the reclocking/fitment issue.

Aaaand If I were to go the frontmount route, how extra-careful would I have to be in the wintertime with these rouge snowbanks? Id like to keep 100% practicality and not have to worry about destroying anything just by pulling into my driveway

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back