Air show or go watch autoX?

soposube

Hows that for a lame topic?

The damn air show is all day and I only want to see the blue angels. Anybody know what time they are flying? I tried the online schedule with no luck.

Or the other choice is go watch the AutoX in OOB for a few hours. Then I have the rest of the day to scoop up doggy doo in back yard and mow the lawn.

I know that the Mt.Wash would be cool, but I have trouble dedicating a whole day. Plus I would only go if someone was riding in my car. It would be kind of boring driving alone :'(

C

chris

The Airshow is today also, I thought. The B.Angels are the last act. usually just after lunch time. There is some serious traffic trying to get into that place, backed out into the highway for 3+ miles. If you don't go early there is a chance you'll be parking while the Hornets are doing there thing. Leave now and you'll have plenty of time.

IMHO watching auto-x is boring, partaking is much better, but OOB is not the best place to let a WRX stretch its legs. The SUbarus do better at the bigger lots like Augusta, Story Land. But cone farmin is fun nonetheless. ;D

The Drive to MtWashington is all paid for. Vinnie's boss is paying for you guys to get up the hill too. that's like $40 each
default_wink.png
YES!

Also today is the IHRA No. American Nationals at NED. Have you ever seen/felt/heard a Nitro Methane Top Fuel Dragster? You haven't seen/felt/heard horse power until you've stood next to the track when one of those bad boys go by. You will stop breathing, shit yourself, vision goes blurry, and gutts will rattle...I'm serious, 7000 HP actually moves the atmosphere and makes atoms colide. We're leaving at 10am today, home around 1am.

soposube

The Blue Angels were AWESOME!!

The F-16 great and The C-130 with the rocket assitt take off way cool.

And the chicken fingers was the food of choice.

C

chris

The Blue Angels were AWESOME!!

The F-16 great and The C-130 with the rocket assitt take off way cool.

And the chicken fingers was the food of choice.
We went SUnday. I had chicken figers too! And 2 Sam Adams. It took us 2 hours to get out of the parking lot but all was well because we had a tailgate(Baja), sandwiches, and beer in the parking lot hanger area. Awesome air show.

soposube

It only took us half an hour to get out of the lot.
default_biggrin.png
Since I was very low on gas I was turning my car off if I was stationary for more the 30sec.

There was one time when one of the angels came out of no where and totally scared us. So for the next 2 days every time I heard a jet engine taking off from the airport I kept on thinking that an that a plane was coming over the sky line to scare the crap out of us.

But I think one of the coolest things was the c-130 taking off.
default_biggrin.png

Of course it is hard to beat the free admission.!!

C

chris

Do a search for the spectre gunship

God himself is in that particular C-130
default_biggrin.png

Car Whore

That C-130 was my favorite too...that JATO rocket launch was insane! Never seen anything that big take off so quickly!

Here's a link-Fat Albert is the name - http://www.blueangels.com/fatalbertairlines.shtml

I loved the stunt bi-planes...that is one of my favorite sounds,a vintage prop plane.So cool.

The jet truck was great,too...300mph racing a plane down the strip! I missed the F16...damn,but the Blue Angels were great.

The 2 hour line out was annoying,but mostly because we were so close to getting onto the exit road when they made us turn around and go to the back of the f'n line!! We were parked on the side heading towards the strip,so had to back up and hope someone would let us in,which they didn't of course,so everyone like us on the wrong side,no matter how close you were had to turn back and sit in traffic the wrong way,until it turned around again.

Latest posts

Back