Alarm HELP!!!!!!** FIGURE IT OUT, SORRY**

4WRXter

Skier!
So, I disconnected the negative battery terminal to reset the ECU. Now when I reconnect, the alarm sounds. I checked the owners manual, it seems there is no Override/Program button under the dash. Only a "socket", two wires where button may have been???? Do I just let the alarm run for 60 seconds like it says in manual and hope it resets??

I decided to try resetting the ECU, because I am having issues under 3000 RPM that sound like ultimately the front o2 sensor from what I have read in a bunch of forums. Figured the ECU reset wouldn't hurt.

I feel like such a dope. [/img]

Rightseat

check your owners manual--it tells how to reset alarm functions. it's kind of involved, so I won't try to relate the tale here.

also if you want to check and erase CEL codes, bite the bullet and get an OBDII scanner. prices have gone to under $100 now. most dlrs/garages charge like $40 just to hook up a scanner now, so you won't take long to pay your new sacnner off. saves guesswork.

DG

4WRXter

Skier!
I did check owners manual. It said to push OVERRIDE/PROGRAM button. There doesn't seem to be one. I can not find a button. I did just now however get it to stop by pushing the unlock button on the remote.DDDDDUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I thought I tried that the first time. I am so sorry. I don't mean to be so dumb.

A lot of this is new to me. I am trying to figure it out on my own by checking other forums, tech questions, etc.

Where do I find out what the codes from a scanner mean?

Thanks for help Rightseat

Rightseat

A lot of this is new to me. I am trying to figure it out on my own by checking other forums, tech questions, etc.

Where do I find out what the codes from a scanner mean?

Thanks for help Rightseat
scanner comes with a book detailing diff codes. this book does NOT tell you how to fix the codes, however. That is something you learn from experience and also by working with the tech manual for your car. trouble is, there's no tech manual spcecific to the RS (outside of the $$$$ factory book) so you have to rely on Haynes manual for Legacy. this works OK, addresses most of the issues you face in Impreza of equivalent age.

DG

4WRXter

Skier!
Thanks again for your help DG. It sounds like it will be worth getting a scanner and tech manual. I'll be looking for them

Latest posts

Back