At what point are injectors needed?

UZNTHE4S

Background:

As my car sits now, 244whp/235ftlb tq, it runs great. Granite State pushed my injectors to around 90% IDC during my last tune to get me here. I am only running 14lbs. ATM because i have been on the stock EBCS. I have a Blouch 16GXT and all supporting mods. ( To see the list please go to my garage. )

My plan :

I received a Grimmspeed Electronic Boost control for my birthday and I picked up a AEM CAI for a really nice price on NASIOC. I am getting a Tune once they are installed, that is a given. I would like to see numbers in the range of  250-290whp. 

My question is:

Is this doable on my stock injectors? I have researched modifying the stocks, as well as buying a new set. Moding the stocks seems risky seeing that even Fuelinjectorclinic.com cant guarantee they will function without doing harm. And the 740cc side-feed injectors are nice and they seems to be what everyone is going with. but I do not have 500 to spend on them. (thinking injectors maybe 250 on NASIOC or ebay, then install around 250+) I looked at top-fed and that's a whole nother can of worms. SO....

1. Will leaving the stock injectors in the engine limit my gain goals?

2.  If I leave them in the engine, will they fail under higher HP and boost pressures?

3. If i can mod the stocks and save some money, has anyone done it? Hows the car running? Any problems with spray pattern? Flooding? Backfires?

4. Or should I just forget the EBCS and the CAI and leave well enough alone? (seriously though, what person infected with the mod bug can claim full recovery?)

Thanks for any "thoughtful and helpful" advice. :)

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
personally i would never modify an injector, as you will never allow all 4 to get the same spray pattern.

also, you never want to run injectors over 90% which is why alex tuned it the way he did.

becuase of that, you are going to max your injectors much sooner, probably at 5500 rpm, maybe even at 5000rpm

you should definitely get bigger injectors.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
like he posted though, he needs side feeds for his, or he would have to do a top feed retrofit kit to make that work. which means, new tgvs or intake manifold.....big money

Latest posts

Back