bang vrs age.....

Mr Mike

OK.... the age old question... what is safe?? So first off my car... it has been noted by a couple mechs as the "tightest engine they have seen in a long time" this comming from guys who work on subies daily.

2002 Subaru WRX

oil changed every 3k or so

the only engine mods done are k&n filter, silencer removed, forge BOV and turbo back 3" pipe.

I want to do more... but am making payments and is also my daily driver. So my ultimate question is this.... power vrs reliabilty..... what can be done safely?

I found this used: VISHNU piggy back unichip ecu for $255, it came out of a stage 2 02' wrx and also a Turbo XS duel stage boost cont. is this good bang for the buck?

mike

Rightseat

Mike--

one question

do you want a daily driver or a daily tuner?

best bang for the buck is to learn to drive right! Team O, OK? ;D

new tires

new tireflys are fastAr

DG

Mr Mike

;D ::thumbsup::

Your right on the ball. I droped my thoughts of POWER and embraced thoughts of tires and suspention. I need more grip, and proved it to my self the other day :-[ No damage done and we wont get into it.... its one of those "I was screwing off and forgot all I was taught for a moment" storys

LOL

Mike

R

rallyXcramps

Even though I don't have a turbo car no more I still believe in moderate manual boost control. So many folks have been succesful doing 15-16 boost on a stock 2.0L. Don't forget the boost guage, and maybe a egt guage. A MBC will wake up 1st and second gear and make the other gears more funner. That and grippy tires and suspension will put a big fat grin on your face.

turbos are for girls
default_smile.png

;D

prez25rs

well for reliability i heard BOVs aren't that great for the car

and id stay away from MBC too, i think its safer to go AP

no ptfb

Latest posts

Back