bling bling bitches. fresh paint.

Evan

painted up my project ej20g and thought i'd post some pics.

EJ20painted2.jpg

EJ20painted4.jpg

EJ20painted6.jpg

stainless

what car is it going in( year)

whats it it rated at?

what work has been done to it?

and yess very nice!

Evan

what car is it going in( year)

whats it it rated at?

what work has been done to it?

and yess very nice!
95+ impreza 2 door, rs if possible.

its only like 220hp stock or something, but i'm not using a turbo near as small as the one that came stock. its the same motor that the wrc team used in the pre-1995 rally championships. ya know, back when subarus won the wrc titles and before they had the 300hp restriction. it can take a beating (unlike the open deck US motors).

at the moment i'm just getting it ready for mods, fuel system upgrades, turbos, etc etc etc

twa

Yea, how are the quad cams? DAMN! How many subaru engines came with 4 cams? I know infinity made some blocks with quad cams, didn't pontiac as well??

gearsoup

ummm....all the early 2.5's came with 4 cams, all the WRX motors and STI motors are quad cam...

just cuz' I can...

SEARCH NOOB!!! ;D

Evan

well the motor has 4 cams, but its Dual Over Head Cams because there is 2 cams over each head. with 2 heads, that makes it 4 cams total. i haven't seen that 'quad cam' designation on any of the US motors, and the newer valve covers have a different shape and no lettering (they look like stamped steel instead of cast aluminum).

twa

Gotcha, didn't think my question was that noob like because technically everything I read designates DOHC....and I've never heard of DOHC to equal out to 4 cams, but oh well.

Here's info on the US quad cam motor:

http://www.transporteon.com/Engines-Q/Quad-4.php

My uncle is a mechanic, and I saw one of these quad cam motors come in for service one day....

I can't remember which models in the nissan/infinity lineup had their quad cam motor.

Latest posts

Back