Boost issue?

dsmith

So i've been having this problem for a little while now but I never thought anything of it before until now. It has become an annoyance to me. When "stepping on it" right when my car begins to build boost it seems to stutter a for a second or so before it pulls smootly. It only happens in 2nd gear and maybe 3rd every so often. I have not looked too much into it but i figured I would post on here to see if anyone had any ideas or solutions for me. I'm running the stock wrx turbo and only mods I have is 3" turboback exhasut, spt intake, and hks ssqv BOV and accessport v2.

02 WRX Chris

I kinda of have the same problem with my car, but have many more mods.  Ive come to the conclusion that its just my tune, but only happens when im in low RPM and have it matted.

dsmith

yeah, well mine was happening even before I had the cobb tune so that's why I'm wanting to know what is causing it.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
ecu isn't putting enough fuel in when it starts coming into boost. its a lean studder most likely. have you cleaned your maf sensor, and has your front o2 sensor ever been replaced?

dsmith

i just cleaned my MAF sensor this past week, and the only o2 sensor I have replaced recently is the one on my downpipe.

dsmith

Lean is bad.... Lean makes you go boom
default_unsure.png

roadtrip1098

Try pulling the timing a couple degrees in either direction using the accessport, see if that helps. If it's leaning out, advancing the timing will make it worse. retarding the timing will make it better. Between the intake and BOV I'd be willing to bet your AFR's are a little jacked up. Tip in enrichment may be off as well as the CL to OL fueling transitions.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Try pulling the timing a couple degrees in either direction using the accessport, see if that helps. If it's leaning out, advancing the timing will make it worse. retarding the timing will make it better. Between the intake and BOV I'd be willing to bet your AFR's are a little jacked up. Tip in enrichment may be off as well as the CL to OL fueling transitions.

that was one of the issues with the 08 sti's was the closed loop to open loop delay. Cobb tunes fix that issue though....

Dave, can you post a datalog with your accessport?

roadtrip1098

that was one of the issues with the 08 sti's was the closed loop to open loop delay. Cobb tunes fix that issue though....

Dave, can you post a datalog with your accessport?
Yeah the access port OTS maps helped a ton on my 08, but over time I found adjusting the timing a little bit made a noticeable difference in my AFR as well as performance, mostly the throttle response. Just be careful and watch your EGT's.

dsmith

still having these issues. I will try to upload a datalog later, I've cleaned my MAF sensor, replaced both o2 sensors. Thinking I might either take off my bov and get a 50/50 or just keep the stock one. Ordering a banjo bolt for my turbo since I guess those should be replaced at some point, and i finally got my taxes in so hopefully i can get my car into Mikes soon and get my car straightened out.

Latest posts

Back