BOV opinions

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
SO...I was thinking of upgrading my stock recirculation valve on my swapped rs to a different brand, the main reason behind this was that I have noticed compressor surge (fluttering sound) lately, especially coming off of 4th into decel. I only have stage 2 bolt on's so I didn't think I was moving enough air to really make a difference. The other reason for the BOV was because I am under the impression that upgrading to an atmospheric vented valve can improve throttle response. I'm not trying to cook my td04 prematurely by having backspin, and I'm not going to buy some ebay 40 buck chinese hks ssq knockoff either. Thoughts and opinions on decent sounding (not rice Garrett) BOV's and insight into my ideas encouraged.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Northernah'
Im using a turboXS type H full atmosphereic (wish It was 50/50) but I really like it, fits well, and has a nice sound to it
default_tongue.png
Only this is ill get a small backfire between shifts sometimes because of the temp. richness.

GClark

Im just going to ban you.

I liked my Turboxs. Good sound, not too loud. Had it on the Legacy and Integra. Ill probably get that or a hks ssqv for my next bov. My stock bpv is causing my turbo to have compressor surge.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
My stock valve is showing it's age. I'll probably end up getting a Perrin or something in the spring, I'm about to start rolling the Legacy again.

Ray why do you say you wish you had 50/50? Too loud?

Roche

I'm looking ot get a Turboxs 50/50 but I'm not too sure what the 50/50 means, I've just heard it's better

Ray

The Northernah'
50% of released pressure goes atmospheric, and 50% goes back into the engine.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
And the 50/50 gives you the noise without the problems that can arise from a solely atmospheric vented valve.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
My second thread revival of the day!! Whoop!

Anyways..

Im going to be replacing my intercooler and the stock b.o.v because stage 2 chewed them up and spit them right out (typical lgt/obxt woes)

With my mods (in sig) would I NEED to vent anything? Or could I get away with a recirc valve?

roadtrip1098

Get a recirc valve. I've used Perrin in the past and it was great. Fast response, adjustable, and if you have a CAI you'll get the sound too. Since it's a recirc it'll be easier to tune for, no temp richness issues.

Latest posts

Back