Brake Booster Help!!

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Yaah!! I need to know how hard it is to change out a brake booster... assuming it is the issue..

my Petal goes right to the floor when the car is on, ,and idle and what not.. but turn the car off and to acc, it builds pressure.. this started after my Airborne trip last night.. and all the lines that I can see are fine.. I'm not leaking any Brake fluid anywheres... that I've noticed.. and how major of a job is this going to be?

stainless

could be that you have a leak upstream in the system and are only gaining air but not loosing much fluid.

have you tried bleading your brakes yet? that would what i would try next.

but i dont know much about brakes...

R

rallyXcramps

depends on what is in front of your booster. Usually 2 bolts for the master cylinder, and 4 bolt and the rod for the booster.

You don't need power brakes, just plug the vacuum line and you'll have a stiffy.

R

rallyXcramps

;D

seriously, if the engine is off and the brakes build and HOLD, then its likely tthe booster. If the pedal doesn't hold and sinks to the floor then you've got a serve hydrolic problem (brake line leak).

If it does sink to the floor, check your fluid level, put it up on jack stands, take the wheels off, get under there while someone mashes the brakes and look for drooling brake fluid.

Rightseat

plug the vac line and presto! you have gen-u-wine "racing" (aka unassisted) brakes. we did this to one of our rally cars in an effort to build better pedal feel and keep brakes from locking too easily

works great, esp for buldling big fat calf muscles on the left leg.

just make double triple quattro sure you don't have other brake issues. guessing at brake problems is not conducive to long-term health and happiness, yours or everybody elses's out there with you.

DG

R

rallyXcramps

just make double triple quattro sure you don't have other brake issues. guessing at brake problems is not conducive to long-term health and happiness, yours or everybody elses's out there with you.

DG
that's worth quoting. 8)

Latest posts

Back