Calling all swap/turbo gurus for a possible project

HR radness

His royal radness
That would be Evan and Seth, specifically ;D Oh and of course Nowinski for general mech knowledge, since that's his job. Hell , EVERYBODY. This is the possible plan: Secure a crappy 1991 Legacy turbo SS with an automatic and a good motor from VT and swap the motor over to the impreza. I've searched the forums over on Nabisco and there are two camps on how to do it, use the 1.8harness and wiring and add 9 more wires or just swap over the entire Legacy harness. Here's the catch, I'm definetly not competent enough on this stuff to do it by myself. I'm thinking garage day when it gets a bit warmer, with food and beverages provided. Lets make it a STM spring (mud) party!! I need more powah in Darth beater, and I dont have the fundage to get a 2.5 RS, and I don't really want to find a good legacy turbo since I hear they are big piggies.

Actually, the real reason is that I want to BEAT MOODY on the rally-x circuit!! She lives in NH now so she will be powerless to stop me!!! muwhahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Runnah

I assume you left me off the list because it would be too easy for me and I'd make you all look bad with my top-notch mech skills.. ;D

Rightseat

rad, forget the evil turbo, it will only bring you woe.

find a used Forester/Outback 2.5 and drop it into the 1.8 wagon, add a 4.11 gearbox and LSDf, and you are in bizness. MUCH simpler (ask ecksjay, he did exactly this) and def more effective. that right-now N/A torque and good gearing count for more in rallyx than turbo power.

DG

gearsoup

^^^

what he said....

Mike, maybe we could meet up and have you take my car for a spin...

'93 Impreza, 2001 2.5 swap, 1.8 ecu and harness, gearbox and diff out of a rally car....it's a lot of fun. now if only the driver had a clue to what he was doing.....

katnip

the car is black. I swear
Actually, the real reason is that I want to BEAT MOODY on the rally-x circuit!! She lives in NH now so she will be powerless to stop me!!! muwhahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep dreamin' big guy
default_wink.png
That's right, I live in NH, and work at Team O'Neil ;D

and getting no practice thanks to the LOVING bad weather we are having.
default_frown.gif

Evan

the ej22t is nice, if you can get the whole car the tranny and other stuff is upgraded as well. i'll take the brakes!

i'd stick with the 1.8 harness if you expect to drive it away from the garage day, and not have it turn into a garage week. swapping a whole harness is about as much fun as aids.

R

rallyXcramps

If you get an entire Leg turbo vehicle that hasn't been bastardized, swapping everything from one car to the other shant be that hard, though, a little time consuming. If I were to do a project like this, that's the way I'd do it.

Of course you'd need a beefier clutch. And I wouldn't trust 200,000mile engine mounts.

I'm pretty sure it would take more than one garage day. Who's renting the engine hoist? Does your wife know whats going on? Does Rach approve?

HR radness

His royal radness
OK, I think the 2.5 swap would be the way to go to start. Sounds like it would only be a garage day and not a week. It's really the same HP as the stock EJ22T numbers anyway and a whole lot less hassle it seems. I'm looking for a motor now.

Hey man, I'm on team LDR, we dont need to RENT no steeeenkin engine hoist!!

Of course the Rach approves, daddy is DA BOMB ya know;)

Evan

if you're going the n/a route, do what i'm doing (eventually), 2.5 block with 2.2 heads. its makes for a 10.5 to 11 compression ratio. add a little porting, delta cams for $150, and some bolts on and you'll be up near 200hp.

prez25rs

If you can wait a little i can sell you my 2.5

I hope to do wrx swap in late summer thjen i'll be sellin my old engine. my00 with 70k runs perfect

everything i dont use after swap will be for sale including borla headers, stromung catback etc etc

R

rallyXcramps

Mike, maybe we could meet up and have you take my car for a spin...'93 Impreza, 2001 2.5 swap, 1.8 ecu and harness, gearbox and diff out of a rally car....it's a lot of fun. now if only the driver had a clue to what he was doing.....
EcksJay's car is a snappy lil number.
DO iT!!!!!11!110n3!!11

HR radness

His royal radness
If you can wait a little i can sell you my 2.5

I hope to do wrx swap in late summer thjen i'll be sellin my old engine. my00 with 70k runs perfect

everything i dont use after swap will be for sale including borla headers, stromung catback etc etc

I'll prolly need one before then. I'm hoping to do this once the wether gets warmer in a couple of months, butI'll keeep ya in mind;)

Evan

i'll be selling my eg20g if anyones interested. i'll post in for sale when i get the time.

Latest posts

Back