CEL help... weird-> fixed

KTurner

I am having a weird check engine issue on the rallyXer. I can run the engine with the car at rest and do whatever I want, have it idle at 500rpm or 2000rpm or rev it up and down to the red line and nothing happens, everything is good. But, as soon as I move the thing, the check engine light starts flashing. if I turn it off and back on again everything is cool until I move it again. I am new to subies but not check engine lights and this one has me stumped. Anyone got any ideas? the O2 reads .44V at any rpm so I don't think it is that, and the Airmass is working ok since it runs. will it blink codes? no OBDII

The car is '93 Impreza 1.8L

thanks for any help.

-Kturner

Fix:

who would have though I wasn't supposed to reconnect all the connectors under the dash when I was putting it back in.

R

rallyXcramps

So its fixed? sweet

The o2 sensor is supposed to fluxuate while running from approx .200v to .800v, changing rapidly...if the sensor is doing well.

KTurner

So its fixed? sweet

The o2 sensor is supposed to fluxuate while running from approx .200v to .800v, changing rapidly...if the sensor is doing well.
yup fixed... i have a small analog meter that I usually use for O2 type things but it got out of wack somehow and I had to use a digital multi meter which will maybe do an average at best. otherwise, yes changing rapidly.

I had taken my dash out and when I put it back in I hooked all the connectors back up (makes sense right?) I didn't know about the green and black connector diagnostics thingy, so I just reached under, unplugged them and away we go, no CEL light!

-KTurner

Latest posts

Back