Cheap dp

internalcombust

Has anyone thought of buying these cheap flat plate downpipes and cutting the flange for bellmouth style opening?

OADP_02.jpg

I have access to all equipment to do this but no downpipe.

Evan

you could, although you'll want it to combine back into the exhaust stream farther down stream than that. look at the bosal design. the farther down stream they combine the less turbulence you'll have. it'll also be easier on you because you can just punch a hole in the flange and then weld the far end of the WG tube back to the DP, which is a lot easier than welding all the way around that little 6" pipe.

Trainable

+1 if you are making it yourself from 2 separate pieces of pipe a divorced setup would probably be easier and function better.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Do you just need the Cad for the DP flange? I can get you that if someone will let me borrow a turbo. I can toss it on the 3D scanner here and give you the Cad file.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I have this uncanny ability to remember everything other than peoples names.

Trainable

I believe the stage 2 ap blocks the cell thrown from the second O2 sensor, so you may not have to go to all that effort. I have the COBB dp sitting in my basement if you want to borrow it to take a look at their design.

Trainable

Nope, but don't think I am installing it till spring time. So plenty of time for him to give er a once over O0.

(Can't wait though now that I have my timing pretty zeroed in the car feels great even all stock >
default_wink.png
)

Trainable

Now were these wrenches attached to something or were you just keeping yourself amused? ;D

On a side note do you guys keep the donut and turbo->DP gaskets in stock or am I going to actually think ahead and order them when the time comes?

internalcombust

That dp may come in very handy. I was hoping to keep the 02 sensor in the loop. Maybe run idp before stage 2 ap. Trainable, do know how the 02 sensor affects overall mapping if its eliminated with a resistor. Does the computer run a default setting? Not sure how deleting it enirely affects mapping. Please enlighten me. Doesn't the computer need the input values from sensor? Or is it go, no go situation?

R

rallyXcramps

Be prepared to extract a broken bolt or two from the turbo. If you are prepared it wont happen. If you aren't prepared it will happen.

Trainable

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the second O2 is in there for emissions to ensure all the cats are in place and working and the only function of it is to through a CEL when it picks up a problem. There is another O2 sensor before the turbo that is used to adjust the fuel trims.

Haha thanks for the heads up inski.

Latest posts

Back