Checklist of things to have scoped out before end of warranty??

Geist

So my warranty is about to run out, but sometimes MMM can seem a little shifty to me....

Could we get a list going of all the things I should have looked @ by the good folks @ patriot before I bring it in to reap what I can from my warranty???

Thank in advance..

p.s.

just got new tires on, of the "Intermediate maitenance" they want me to go in for, I don't need

Balance/rotated tires

Underbody inspection

Tire pressure check (wtf? they actually list that?)

All Wheel Alignment

Etc.

The fellow did say the car felt like it pulled slightly to the left when braking, so I should have them peep @ my caliper pots?

Anything else? I'm thinking like a compression test, etc? Thing that could be "on their way out the door" but that the shifty folk would go "Oh, well that'll last an extra few weeks before he notices, and after his warranty is done."

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
If you ask for a compression check, expect to pay for it. Warranty doesn't pay for checking problems that aren't there. Also expect to pay for the "check my car over real good" check. It takes time to look for problems that don't exist and warranty doesn't pay for that either.

The only time warranty will cover checks is if you have a specific complaint. Thought you should be warned.

Geist

If you ask for a compression check, expect to pay for it. Warranty doesn't pay for checking problems that aren't there. Also expect to pay for the "check my car over real good" check. It takes time to look for problems that don't exist and warranty doesn't pay for that either.

The only time warranty will cover checks is if you have a specific complaint. Thought you should be warned.

I know it doesn't cover that, the whole idea was to pay for the "Check it over real good" to make sure she's in ship-shape so if they're like "Oh, well this cylinder's kinda fucked" that I'll know that problem exists when I bring her in...

would I be paying a lottt for these checks?

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I'm not sure what they get for changing the plugs, but add about an hour to that would be my guess. Are you getting up on 60K miles powertrain, or the 36k bumper to bumper? If it's 60k, have them put new plugs if it hasn't been done.

Expect a 1 hour labor charge for a real good check over. Ask that the tech test drives it first. That way if anything feels funny, he'll know what to look for. If you just put it in the air, it's easy to overlook stuff.

Latest posts

Back