Clear Wheels?

show cars never claimed to be functional.
That is the crazy part. They are made to be functional. 2" of polycarbonate(which scares me a bit). Yes polycarbonate is strong for a plastic but I wouldn't buy them based on what can be done to a pair of polycarbonate glasses. I had a pair that were easily chewed by a dog. My new glasses are made of Trivex. I have stomped on a piece of it with the only damage being micro scratches. If they made a set of these out of Trivex then I would consider but they would be over 3k a piece at that point.

Iboc_C64

When I was in my high school's electric car program we had a few sets of custom made Carbon Fiber wheels that we invented and built. They were extremely light and strong, but someone over-tightened the lugs and they de-laminated on me when I was the driver during a race a beach ridge. I was only doing 37 or so but the wheels folded sideways and I skided off the track. That was also our last set, we never made more because they seemed hard to make and possibly dangerous. I can't imagine what it would be like to drive on these acrylic things and have them do the same thing. I won't try it.

Gate4jg

I would want rims that hide brake dust not amplify it 100X more and who wants to see their rusty rotors all the time.!!!

K3rn

Hookah Master
I dont see the point of a car I cant drive cuz I might get dirt on it. I hate trailer babes that drive 30feet being pushed I just dont get it maybe im wrong but f them ugly butt rims

Latest posts

Back