clock in op

akinaspeedstar

so my clock doesn't work on my dash. the car does have a gauge pack and an aftermarket radio installed. so... light out of the clock, or wiring issue do you think?

R

rallyXcramps

This clock in the upper right?

rs6ns2.jpg

If so, I'll ask about that at work. I haven't run into that issue yet. I'm thinking there is a seperate peice, a replacement clock, you can plug into that slot, but I'm not positive.

akinaspeedstar

yeah that's the one. i haven't looked into it fully. im almost thinking that they did something when wireing up the radio or the gauges

jmailhot

my cluster clock in my 2000 RS died a few weeks ago, i asked joel and he said he found a replacement part for like 98's, nothing for a 2000, and he couldn't tell if it would fit. So if you find anything out, lemme know, its just a little annoying.

R

redlinerally

Hey Inski.... is that your true right or your army right?

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
that's right. Up until 98 they sold a replacement clock, from then up no listing. No one and SNE could tell me if it would fit. Even if it did, the 98 one was pricey.

akinaspeedstar

are they back lit? like this could just be a bulb out? or does it have it's own lighting, and part of the printed circut board of the cluster

mikebike357

I'm certain there's a bulb behind it, but you'd still be able to read the time on the clock... just not well. if the whole clock screen is blank then it's borked.

Just get yourself a little indoor/outdoor temp gauge with time and stick it there. Then route the temp sensor thru the firewall to the engine bay to get engine bay temps. Chicks dig it.

R

rallyXcramps

well if you pull your cluster take some pictures...incase I have to do this in the future. ;D I've forgotten to ask about it at work, I suck.
default_smile.png

akinaspeedstar

aparently it's not that hard either. and im assuming that i still have some lights from my old saab cluster i have laying around

akinaspeedstar

fixed. i finally got around to taking out the gauge cluster and replaced that bulb with one from my old saab cluster. so if anyone else clock is out, i can do the job in about 5 min

Latest posts

Back