Clutch help

Slyder626

we'll as my luck with my cars been going lately, my clutch is slipping and I'm going to need to replace it soon. i would do it myself except i don't have much knowledge of that level of work, nor do i have the ability to do so at my house. I was curious if anyone would be willing to give me a hand, maybe teach me to do this. i don't really have money, do to the fact i got screwed in my last job right after Christmas and am trying to recover from it still, but I'd still be willing to pay you for your time with this since i know it's not an easy project, just let me know how much. if not a few places that would be good to take it to to get one installed that wont charge me up the a$$ would be great. thanks all, ttyl

- Matt

Evan

well, changing the actual clutch is only like 6 bolts in a circle, its getting to the clutch that's the hard part. the 2 times i've done clutches it was when the motor was out of the car, but i know that you can do it with the motor in the car. you'll need some heavy equipment to do it (jacks/hoist/etc), and some time. 2-3 people make it a lot easier.

check scoobymods.com and see if the have a writeup.

R

rallyXcramps

Its a lot of work, but not nearly as bad as many FWD cars. No one is volenteering for this because its a long process to do on the ground. If you give us a general idea of where you live we could give you suggestions to where to have it done. Yeah check scoobymods or 25rs forums for a write up

A 2002 will come apart very well. Clutches+pressure plates for scoobys are around 200-400 bucks unless you can find a deal on a nice aftermarket.

Plus, around 4-6hours labor. I guess yours would be a bit more due to the hydrolic clutch.

Slyder626

I kind of figured it would be a lot to take on. I live in scarbrough, any suggestions on were to take it to would be great. thanks guys

A

AwNavySTI

Maintainance day!! I would love to watch this done, i've done one on a honda, don't think it would be too difficult!
default_smile.png

Slyder626

i'd be down with that, but it is a lot of work, unless there are a lot of people interested in this watching this and there's someone experienced with this and willing to show, i'll probably just take it somewhere and get it done.

D

Dizastical

Thanx for the buisness Matt . It was a pleasure doing theinstall for you ! Hope you likeyour new clutch !

Dave@F1dyno

Slyder626

Hey, I really appreciate it. You guys did an amazing job. I'm definitely gunna come back when i decided to do more upgrades. i can't believe how horrible my clutch was. I'm loving the new one, it jsut taking some time to get used to. again.. thanks

R

rallyXcramps

Cool.

new clutches need some time for operator, pressure plate, and flywheel to get aquainted with eachother.

Latest posts

Back