COOLANT SMELL

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
DON"T KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE.

but keep an eye out for seepage in the head gasket areas

Rightseat

coolant smell after warm shutdown is a classic warning sign of head gasket leakage.

look around the heads for the telltale whitish residue left by evaporating coolant.

check your dipstick, look for any milky brownish/choco-mousse color to the oil---a sign that coolant and oil are mixing

check the rad overflow tank, look for oily sheen on top--guess what that's a sign of?!

if you're lucky, the sealant stuff that Suby sells to mix in the coolant will fix your rig.

if not, prepare to shell out $$$. do it sooner rather than later, cause if you get coolant mixing in with the oil and run it a while that way, you'll need to also do the bearings as part of the head gasket work. NFG x eleventy million also $$$$$$

good luck!

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Shute, his car is an 06 WRX. I bet it's a loose hose clamp allowing just enough to stink but not enough to show, yet...

Warranty. It's a beautiful thing. But check all the stuff you've had apart first.

dyzfr6

there is none in the oil and there is none in the coolant. went to look quick at the motor but there is tooo much shit in the way. is it something i can pressure test. i will look more close this week sometime when i change my oil and have it all apart.

Latest posts

Back