Crank pullys

stainless

I am trying to get info on Crank pully compatability/ performance

I have A 97OBS .

autobarn.com Has one that thye say is compatable with 93-00

But does not specify 2.0 2.2 2.5 MT AT

I doubt it fits all am i Wrong any one have some info for me?! ???

stainless

Thanks for the info...

anyone else. verify?

just dont want to waste cash...

thanks
default_rolleyes.gif

C

chris

nicklbrso has had both 2.2 and 2.5

I guess the only way to find out for 100% sure is to measure a couple of them. Maybe call Exeter Subaru/ http://www.subaruwrxparts.com They've been into modifying Scoobs since 1996 and really got into it when the RS came out.

I know that the crank pulley from a 1.8 will fit an RS and will fit a JDM WRX. So, I think all the engines used the same dimension pulley. We run with a Perrin lightweight pulley and have never had a problem.

Cheers! John

stainless

thanks for the imputs.

Does it realy do anything?-Good/Bad

if so what.. Gotta replace the stock one anyways.

thanks

nbourque

I had a 1.8 and now the 2.5

As far as performance goes its a pretty basic/cheap mod. You can get a mr. josh lightweight pulley for $90. You wont notice anything with just the pulley, but with a few other mods(intake, exhaust) it will help, but nothing drastic.

There are those that will say that replacing the crankshaft pulley is bad as there is a damper in the pulley. No aftermarket pulley(that I know of) has a damper. Some will say that a pulley without a damper will lead to premature engine failure.

That said, the stock pulley is quite heavy. We notice a difference because we don't run AC and have a lightweight flywheel. Not driving as many accessories can help fee up a bit more hp.

It's an easy mod, but probably not one which will do much for you on a street car. Maybe someone can try a stock pulley vs. lightweight at F1-Dyno?

Cheers! John

Latest posts

Back