Custom DRL's

iBoost

Boost Gets You Laid
Installed my own DRL's and unplugged the stock ones.  Looks pretty good i would say.  What do you guys think?

DRL.jpg

drl2.jpg

drl3.jpg

These have been on for about a month now.  I don't have a picture of the switch installed so ill post an update of that.

jojo69

+1. a bit more uniform kelvin's between your 3 light sources would make it even better.

Also, sharper pics of mounting would be useful  as well as more info on setup (what drl's did you use etc...)

default_smile.png
good job though!

Last edited by a moderator:

iBoost

Boost Gets You Laid
I'll take some pictures with a better camera when i get home from class today.  

+1. a bit more uniform kelvin's between your 3 light sources would make it even better.

Also, sharper pics of mounting would be useful  as well as more info on setup (what drl's did you use etc...)

default_smile.png
good job though!
What do you mean by "a bit more uniform kelvin's between my three light sources?"

Not bad man. Now change those low beams to match the DRLs!
I will be getting new headlights as soon as i get the money. Shaws pays me enough to make my payment and put gas in her.  I will do most of my upgrades during the summer as i make a lot more money.  

apkarian100

Vendor
Kelvin refers to bulb color temperature. He just means you should match the output color of your high beams, low beams, and DRLs

iBoost

Boost Gets You Laid
Kelvin refers to bulb color temperature. He just means you should match the output color of your high beams, low beams, and DRLs
I will be doing that as soon as i get the money for it.

Also here is a picture update.  My good camera was dead so i had to take them with my phone again but they are clearer so i hope they help.  If you want any more info let me know.

730023_10152524535705368_1036321242_o.jpg
729305_10152524535275368_388923299_o.jpg
728501_10152524531395368_1275406505_o.jpg
730015_10152524531110368_261034466_o.jpg
853245_10152524530850368_545988718_o.jpg

jojo69

Looks good. Again, specs of drl's would be helpful.

I keep thinking that hiding them in that black plastic part (it's hollow behind and I bet wide enough) of the bumper would make it so more stealthy and oem looking!!
default_smile.png

iBoost

Boost Gets You Laid
I got them at Advance Auto in Biddeford. They were like $20 and it came with all the wiring and the switch. I did the wiring myself and put it through the driver ride fender. Ill take pictures of all the wiring if you guys would like and ill look into exactly which package it was I purchased. I was going to get the Phillips DRL's but I didn't have the $80 to spend on them. I actually think these look better anyways

iBoost

Boost Gets You Laid
I'll be checking in to see the longevity of these. Curious as to which brand LEDs they used, i.e. how long they last.
I know this is like 8 months late but I've been relatively dormant on the forum.  I no longer have these on my car as they fill up with moisture and start to rust inside.  I replaced them once and it wasn't just a bad pair.  Don't buy cheap DRL's.  It's just not worth it.

Maxxguy25RS

Sylvania makes DRLs that are pretty good. Two different styles, not sure of the availablity at the moment, but, on a Mazda 3, they look good. Plug and play, no need to mess with any of the cars wiring. It might be dry, but the little control box that is part of the kit probably has to sence the battery load and voltage because with the headlights off, the lights are fairly bright. When you turn the headlights on, they dim about 50 ish percent and it adds a nice touch.

Latest posts

Back