death at stop signs

Fluffy282

I had an issue beforewhen I clutched the idle would dip 500 quickly and my lights would flicker than if I revved high and them let off, my car would stumble (like someone trying to run a bov untuned). Well its been getting more and more sensitive. Now when I pull in the clutch even from cruising, like when I'm coming to a light, the car stumbles and sometimes stalls.

Accessport tells me it goes super lean real quick and ten back to 14.7.

Fluffy282

08 wrx, sti block, ported stock headers, catless divorced down pipe, magnaflow cat back, typhoon intake, Perrin inlet, avo380 turbo, avo intercooler, Perrin recirce valve.....ap2 kinetic tuned.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
boost leak

do you hit peak boost? if so what is the Wastegate duty cycle at that psi and the rpm?

Fluffy282

I can be in vacuum now, doesn't matter. Gentle cruise and still when the clutch good in it stumbles. Although it is much worse in boost.

Not sure about wastegate cycle.

Not that I'm shooting down your answer. I know I have a nasty exhaust leak after the down pipe so a leak before it wouldn't be a surprise.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
if it's shuttering in boost and normal driving, could be a ringland.....or spark plug. can you do a datalog with your accessport and post it up? just set the datalog parameters to default settings and log it. That would help solving the issue

roadtrip1098

Hey that's my old car.... Check the line from the recirc valve to the inlet tube, it has come off once before. Also the vacuum line to the recirc valve has been known to slip off the back side of the manifold.

iBoost

Boost Gets You Laid
I'm not trying to thread jack, but my car kind of does the same thing when I push in the clutch.  It has never stalled but the rpm's drop to like 400-500 and then goes right back up.  My car is completely stock.  Does anyone else with a 2012 have this issue?

Meyagi

I'm a hack
theres no iac valve on 05 and newer subarus. drive by wire throttle body controls the idle.

iboost, idk if you solved your issue but ive seen the throttle body to intercooler hose be loose on stock cars creating a air leak. 

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
^ iboost, it's probably an air leak on the intake side of things, like mike noted.  Check the plastic intercooler end caps, all hoses, and intake mani seals.  You can use propane to find the leak.  Additionally, if you have a tactrix cable you can run a learning view log on the car, and see if it is running lean @ idle.

Just as a note, many cars dip when you let the revs drop to idle after letting the clutch in.  As long as it catches itself without the feeling of a stall, it's probably fine.  My 09 did this and had no issues.  Still worth checking for a leak.

Latest posts

Back