DIY Oil temp sensor

Okay so I'm out of state for work and sitting in a laundry room due to shortage of clean clothes since they last minute bumped my stay another week so I guess I'll finally do this diy write up I was originally going to do

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
That's really cool, I've been wanting to drill/tap my drain plug for a temp sensor for a while. But wow, that came out really nice.

Could easily be done with a drill press! Assuming you don't have defi sensors. why defi used such a weird thread I have no idea but like an aem or glow shift or something probably use a common thread.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I want to have oil pressure, temp, and coolant temp readouts on one small display. I don't want gauges and crap all over the place. So I'll probably build something similar to the digital speedometer thing I made for the GL.

The only pic I have was early prototype stage, but I could add a whole bunch of other features without much trouble.

IMG_0613_zps9d143788.jpg

Hiker39

I wish that I could find the gague kit they made for the turbo, the one that goes where the storage compartment is on my 2008's dash. That's really a cool readout you made!

Latest posts

Back