Does F1Dyno tune N/A Subys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebike357

I've been reading about tuning NA scoobs and it looks like there are very few options for engine management & tuning... PowerPerfect, I-Speed, and the phantom AccessECU from Cobb that was scrapped. Any ideas? Thoughts? Does F1Dyno tune un non-turbo peeps?

Trade the NA for a turbo is not the answer i'm looking for.

Runnah

Get and Forrester XT!!!

j/k

I talked to Dave about my N/A. He said really the only option was to get an Apexi AFC (air fuel controller) and even with that its limited.

I looked into purchasing one but from what I've heard they end up being nothing more then a fancy read-out.

Evan

i remember a guy with a 2.5rs getting an extra 8whp out of one, but i dont know who tuned it, it may have just been him.

that may or may not be worth $300.

gearsoup

Tulip 1 of LDR is a 2.5 N/A scooby. It runs a Link+ ecu and it is tuned by F1 dyno. It puts out better than a stock rex...

Rightseat

stock 2.5 internals (well, there ARE some, um, classified mods in there...)

SOHC RS heads

uprated injectors

LINK+ ECU, custom tuned

MRT equal-length rally headers

custom 3" straight exhaust (flunks sound check)

custom Schedule 40 cold air intake

8-10 mpg on stage w/pump premium fuel

custom built close-ratio JDM gearbox, 25kg center LSD, STI rear LSD, 4.44 final drive

literally hundreds of hours of development, tuning, wrenching etc etc. Tulip is NOT your average N/A Scoob. there's more $ in the drivetrain alone than runnah's new RS in toto.

runnah, budget your $ for learning to get the most out of the very well developed car you recently acquired. Challenge sur Glace was won outright last year by a guy driving a totally STOCK 165-hp beat-up 01 RS built out of about 10 other Scoobies--he spanked the cream of the North American rally teams: Pat Richard, Comrie-Picard, Cassidy, J-P Perusse etc, all driving 300+ hp AWD monsters, . this year, same guy in same car took second behind a monster Evo VII, beating out 375-hp Mazda GTI-r, WRXes, etc. He beat them by outdriving them, plain and simple.

for rallyX, your RS is perfectly capable of winning any event against all comers absolutely as-is, and has proven itself as a multiple event-winning car. This is not from hardware or turbo or secret demon mods (tho you DO need to spring for some decent tires!) ...am talking about driver software development here. tune up yer butt dyno. yada yada
default_frown.gif

DG

mikebike357

1 day? I was thinkin' about the 2 day... the Mrs. approves of it as long as she gets to go to Italy for a week to visit her parents.

D

Dizastical

We just tuned a 2002 Legacy GT . It is basicly a 2.5RS . We installed a AEM cold air intake and an APEXi SAFC . With tuning I got a gain of 25HP and 27TQ @ the wheels ! We can tune a NA car with an SAFC or another great option is thenew TurboXS DTEC . Look on Turboxs website formore info on that . We can sell them way cheaper than any one if you guys need any TurboXS stuff ! Give me a call at theshop if you guys have any other questions .

Dave

207-347-8078

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back