Dtec Fuel Computer (Turbo XS)

Tony Q

What do ya'll know bout these things? Good, Bad, Otherwise.....

"With the purchase of the DTEC-FC from TurboXS, you can turn your Gameboy into a powerful electronic fuel computer. The DTEC fuel computer adjusts the Air/Fuel Ratio by modifying the air-flow meter/MAP sensor signal against engine load and RPM with tuning resolution that is second to none."

patsti

NitrousFed
iam sure its basically the same as an safc2... if so waste of money for a wrx since your car will learn around it in about 3 days. if its an older car like an rs or like a talon or honda you should be good.

patsti

NitrousFed
Here is part of the problwem my car is NA not turbo, and is an SAFC2 tune able?
yeah it will be fine with older cars... newer cars tend to learn around maf/mas hacks. you should be ok with either ( an safc2 works great for basic fuel tunes shore the dtec is fine too). open ecu is prob the way to go if it is free.

Trevor723

I would never run a SAFC on any car I owned.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the SAFC works by reducing the MAF voltage the ecu sees correct? You know what the ecu does when it sees higher rpm and low MAF voltage? Bumps timing. So now you're running higher load AND higher timing. Not good times.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
I would never run a SAFC on any car I owned.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the SAFC works by reducing the MAF voltage the ecu sees correct? You know what the ecu does when it sees higher rpm and low MAF voltage? Bumps timing. So now you're running higher load AND higher timing. Not good times.
my RS has been sporting a SAFC for most of its 110k and I have had no issues, and I am NOT nice to my car! >
default_smile.png

Geist

My friends 500awhp STi had dtec ??? ???

No issues with it...

had utec, as well, though... soooo that's probably the difference.

Latest posts

Back