Electrical ?

4WRXter

Skier!
Alright this is gonna be kind of dumb. I have house wiring background (licensed electrician). I have a basic understanding of 12v wiring.

I am trying to wire a stock fog light switch that I got from Shorty to work my driving lights. Now I know enough to put an ohm meter on the terminals and determine when the sw is on what contacts are common. The question comes when I want the "dash light" on. That tiny little diode bulb can't require 12v to be on does it? And I assume I would want to power that with the parking and head lights?

Rightseat

Haynes manual, see scooby dashboard wring diagram

ifyou are setting up completely separate circuit for the driving lights, go to rallylights.com and see wiring diagrams there. make sure you run a relay for aux driving lites, otherwise they'll run dim and you won't be happy. best bet is the circuit where the driving lites are switched separately from headlights but are also connected to high-beam circuit so the driving lites go off when you hit the low beams.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I'm sure it does. Everyone I've ever delt with on aftermarket switches take 12V. I just e-mailed a wiring diagram to your ski.bike mail. Hope it helps. The terminals might be numbered on the switch if you look at them under an electron microscope.

I just noticed you may have received the entire schematic for the whole car. The fog lights are on page 35. Best of luck!

4WRXter

Skier!
You guys are awesome. thanks for the help. Nigel, What you are saying is how they are wired now, just with the green wart surface mount switch that came with the light kit. I know I could easily just find the correct terminals on the new sw and do replacement. But I would like for the indicator bulbs to work. I just find it a little hard to believe the tiny bulbs will take 12v. I kinda thought they might just work in series with the Driving light wiring. I'll check the wiring diagrams and see what I can decipher. Again thanks, I knew you two would set me straight.

Rightseat

if you use stock fog wiring to run driving lites, the switching will be backwards. You want fogs to come on with low beam and go off with high beam. with driving lites it needs to be vice versa. wiring up your own harness for 2 lites is not hard, the rallylights.com diagrams are super simple.

Latest posts

Back