Exhaust leek, options for fixing?

07NAHWKI

So my cat pipe, the pipe between header and midpipe on the N/A impreza (06,07) has developed a leak. The source is the flange that connects the cat pipe to the midpipe, subaru wants $575 for the pipe, and I can't find an aftermarket one. So basically looking for some place that can weld on a new flange on it, in the bangor area. Any body have experience getting exhaust work done in the bangor area? Thanks in advance.

i-wagon

Is it the flange itself or the donut gasket? Mine was leaking at the donut, I had to get a new gasket, chip rust of the piece of pipe that extruded past the flange area, and use the super copper rtv to seal the donut to that pipe. Any pictars of the issue?

07NAHWKI

It is the flange, I had it up on a lift this morning. And I found a bolt on replacement piece at NAPA for a reasonable price, so I ended up purchasing that.

smelt240

Not near you, and too late, but 1st choice muffler in Lewiston charged us $100 out the door to repair the wife's exhaust flange on her WRX. They have a pile of those parts in stock, and you can usually do a walk in,  One thing I would do for sure is get some good thick hi temp paint on that repair when you're done, aftermarket exhaust pieces tend to rust out in a year.

Latest posts

Back