Fancy Hella headlight bulbs worth it?

Runnah

I was in Advanced today and I noticed that they stock Hell brand replacement bulbs for headlight.

Now they are $50 for a set of two, which is a lot more then the standard bulb.

Are they really worth the extra $$ as far as light output or would it be a waste of money?

mikebike357

I got my bulbs from http://www.powerbulbs.com. They're in the UK. I think I paid $35 shipped for a set of Osram Silverstar. The UK version of the Silverstar is waaay brighter. The US ones are coated or something... plus they came with a free set of little bulbs which, in the UK are used for teh sidemarkers but also fit the license plate light and the lil' lights in the front corners of the Forester.

So, i'd say NO to the Hellas.

Rightseat

if u really want extra light output, check into Hella FF1000 driving lights. under $100 from rallylights.com, will fit your H500 mounts perfectly. they also have bolt-on light bar mounts that are awesome, waaaay more solid base for driving lights than the ones on the runnah RS...nice upgrade combo.

DG

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
if u really want extra light output, check into Hella FF1000 driving lights. under $100 from rallylights.com, will fit your H500 mounts perfectly. they also have bolt-on light bar mounts that are awesome, waaaay more solid base for driving lights than the ones on the runnah RS...nice upgrade combo.

DG
2nd

Have 3 of 'em on the truck and have superior pattern and output compared to the H500's

ReZPunK

PIAA makes a damn fine OEM replacement light

we use them on the saturn wagon and they are pretty goddam bright.

mikebike357

I also ran a set of IPF bulbs that were MUCH better than the crummy stockers on the Forester. But for headlamp bulbs, Osram baby!!!

robu

DG
2nd

Have 3 of 'em on the truck and have superior pattern and output compared to the H500's
Thirded on the aux lights. And that's scary on the F1000's. My H500 driving patterns light up the next mile marker on the interstate with 55W bulbs, and the next two mile markers with 100W bulbs. Don't be doing asshat moves in front of me at night unless you want your rear bumper melted...

Actually, I only really use them on rt 16 between Abbot and Bingham. Lots of moose on that road, and it's the shortest/fastest way home from Sugarloaf for me, so I drive it a lot.

robu

Define "up this way?" I live near Lincoln, actually. Going to the loaf via Milo, Dover-Foxcroft, Abbot, Bingham, Solon, Cross-town Road saves me 1/2 hour over taking the interstate to Newport and going through Skow-town and Madison. And there's no unpassable traffic until you hit Rt. 27 in Kingfield (after which there's not much point passing anyone.)

seph

I'm at tha 'Loaf right now...

I'm the LAW...
default_smile.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
hey Seph and anyone else with H7 HB3 high beams. Rallylights.com has the HIR bulbs for $29.xx each. I have heard these are incredibly bright.

Latest posts

Back