Feeler 2005 RS

Killerbumblebee

Thinking about getting something else, thought I'd see if anyone was interseted.

2005 Subaru Impreza RS, 124K on the body, 40K on the engine. Almost no rust (had a few dings that had started when I first bought the car, treated all of them, nothing on the underside). Dark Blue in color with Tan interior. Will go with stock style brakes and 16's off of new car.

The good:

-07 WRX struts and springs with STi top hats, less than 40K on the struts.

-Injen modified "not" cold air intake (cut the intake and put a K&N filter on it to quiet it down)

-40K 2006 Engine with hard wired "on/off" switch for VVL. Engine came from Gorham Auto salvage with 29K out of an automatic.

-Sti rear sway bar

-Tactrix tuned to 06 2.5i engine, and tuned for Intake for a 2.5 N/A she's pretty quick

-$250 Alpine Radio with serious wired, and USB port. 2 new front speakers (alpine)

The bad:

-Car was in a fender bender with a truck before I bought it. Bumper has minor damage, headlight was replaced, and the hood was replaced. Hood was painted to match, but the finish isn't the same (isn't as glossy)

-I recantly started working on it with a tactrix cable, and noted knock events while shifting and at idle. I did my best to tune them out, with some sucess, also having read many forums it is commen for cars with non original engines to have this problem, and since events do not log while under accsseleration (only at idle and while downshifting) the general feeling in the subaru world is that there is little if any damage to the engine. Engine has been in the car for 11K miles, with no audable detonation, no leaks, not unhappy sounds.

I want a hatch, possibly a WRX, but I'm not in a huge rush, figured I'd see if anyone was looking for something like this. I'm not expecting to get what I put into it, but I don't plan on parting with her for less than 5, and I'd be happyer with 6. She's got a new motor and a lot of life left in her.

If interested please e-mail for pictures, any other information:

[email protected]

Killerbumblebee

Hey! I'm setting new records! I kept this one for 2 whole years!!!!
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Killerbumblebee

Thinking for a while about all of this...If someone is interested I'd sell the car, with the turbo kit, sti short block, and pistons for 5500. I also have the 05RS Heads that would go with it. For someone technologically inclined this would be a great deal, as the engine in the car has 40K on it, and could be sold for decant money. I will also include the stock interior, along with the rear seats and door cards from my 06 WRX limited leather interior (front seats are going into the new car 2009 with a tan interior).

That setup in this car would lead to well beond WRX power possibilities, although a transmission upgrade might be nessisary at that point. It's worth it to move everything to someon on the forums. Take a look at my post regarding the turbo setup. If anyone wants pictures shoot me a PM and I can arainge it.

Ben

Tyler

Hey, I've got this nice yellow WRX for sale ...
default_additional_lol2.gif

And all in one piece!

Good luck with the sale, Ben!

Last edited by a moderator:

Killerbumblebee

LOL. no worries ;-). I havn't been on a lot. And I have a nice shiney 2009 Gold impreza hatch I just bought. Need something with a little lower miles than the bumblebee...regardless of it's long and intersting history. Lol.

Killerbumblebee

Alrighty, got the new car. Posting this up on some other places, but putting a final offer out there. 5K takes the car, the turbo kit, the pistons, and the interior.

Interior is out of a 2006 WRX limited tan leather. It includes the tan floor mat and door cards, as well as seats. I'm moving across town in a few months and need to clean this stuff out of the basement.

Latest posts

Back