Fine Knock Issue

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Fine knock is ok, it is learned so it is pulling timing by 1.4 degrees for that load and rpm. If you're getting feedback knock of more than 3 at any given time, that is when I would start worrying.

It could be a bad batch of fuel, maybe even a dirty air filter.

Reset the ecu and see if it relearns it

inelement207

Rarely feedback knock. This is always reproducible Cobb intake clean and oiled. Etc reset periodically no change. Maybe I'll wait till summer blend hits. Thanks for the advice. I have accesstuner but really was not thinking it was good thing to try and tune out. Seems like ecu is doing as it should.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
did you clean your maf sensor after you oiled the filter? personally i like dry filters because you don't have to worry about contaminating the sensor

inelement207

Oiled it outside the car, this was reproducible on stock airbox as well, may try maf clean next time I'm in there for the hell of it

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
If you're getting fine knock for more than 1 or 2 tanks of gas, especially in the same load range, you need to tune it out.  -1.4 isn't much to worry about- but I wouldn't run it that way forever.  You could also check all of the bolts around the knock sensor/on top of the block/intake manifold.  Sometimes all it takes is one of those loosening up.  Can also be a nut someone dropped on top of the block.

What PSI is this happening at?  If it is less than 5-7psi, you could need some fine tuning of your OL/CL transition.

inelement207

working through it bit by bit, as temps have warmed still have same spot load/throttle/RPM wise but fine knock learn has dropped to 0.3. Currently chasing some small vacuum leaks, and some oil coating the intake form overfilling slightly. Once that's all set I will inspect the filter oil if necessary, run for a bit then clean the MAF.

this occurs as soon as you touch the throttle a bit before the transition form open to closed

I am using a cobb off the shelf tune, DP will go on next week , and will head down to granite state for a pro tune

Ill update as I find things, recently replaced all the PCV parts and my a/f learning C went from + 6-7 to - 2

Latest posts

Back