first service (well, first for me on this subie)

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
So my 112500 mile service is coming right up. Any one know what subie wants done at this interval? And does any one have filter brand recommendations? I think I'll be running repsol, or amsoil dino oil, I've had good luck with both these brands in high performance engines in the past. Not to say my 2.5 n/a is a "high performance" engine, but hey! over kill on friction protection can't hurt, right?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I was told that it was
That's a good thing, this is an interference engine. Have the head gaskets ever been done?

Other than that, not sure what has been done, but Subaru filters are good, my second choice would be NAPA Gold. Don't use Fram. NGK plugs and wires if those haven't been done, PCV valve is always a good thing to change, and it's dirt cheap.

Matt

What's the car. I can jump on all data and let you know what's suggested for your mileage

i-wagon

If there isn't documented proof of the timing belt being done I'd do that, Tensioner and water pump. Couldn't hurt to do front and rear diff. Maybe flush coolant

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
Thanks for the car info there brat man. Budget constrains the amount I can do all at once, a timing belt change will be on the docket with an oil and filters, both oil and air, a tensioner, and water pump, they'll have to wait for the next round I'm afraid

Matt

Looks like there's really nothing for 112,500 service.

Cabin filter

Oil change

Rotate the tires

105,000 was the same service plus the drive belt and timing belt.

90k was the big service

a8eduheb.jpg

Matt

No problem. I have pretty much access anywhere so if you need something looked up let me know.

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
ok, so i got the paperwork from the stealership about what they did,

state inp., three new wiper blades, new rear washer pump, LF CV shaft, drained and refilled coolent, installed new battery, replaced valve cover gaskets, replaced LH head gasket intake and exhaust gaskets, new timing belt, replaced oil pan gasket, 4 new tires, front rotors and pads, rear rotors and pads, heat shield repair, LL ball joint replaced, 4 wheel alignment.

all this at 110260 on the odo, i now have 112480, so?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I hate when places replace only one head gasket. Very little extra work to just do the other one, while it's all torn apart anyway. But sounds like they did all the required stuff!

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Fun fact, my RS has only the driver side headgasket done. 10 years of abuse and still going.

When it says timing belt, they did the tensioners too I hope?

Looks like a good list of things done and you shouldn't have trouble for a while.

Latest posts

Back