Freessm, Romraider & "how Stuff Works" For Your Subaru.

ntippet

Far From Maddening Crowds
Hey everyone.

I thought I would post up a pretty massive thread I started over at SubaruOutback.org.

The thread started out for the purpose of informing people on the capabilities of FreeSSM.

It has now morphed into many different things.

Most of you have probably heard of RomRaider here.

I am now using FreeSSM for codes & functional tests and RomRaider for its logging abilities.

Yes we have confirmed that RomRaider logging works on a very wide variety of Subaru's, not just the ones that had definitions written for them.

I know the M/T guys won't have much interest in this but:

We are digging deep into how the 4EAT and 5EAT transmissions really operate, the nitty gritty.

If anyone is interested here is the thread.

I suggest reading through the whole thing, since there is a ton of invaluable info in there.

Just know that it will take a long time to get through it...30 pages and 300 posts, started Oct 17th of this year.

http://www.subaruout...ur-ecm-tcu.html

My most recent post #295 is comparing the transfer clutch operation on this awesome ice we just got today
default_biggrin.png

I started the thread after I had built the controller.

It is proving to be a valuable tool as well.

That's all!

Good luck on the read!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
pretty interesting.

do you know if the tactrix cable will work for this software?

and is there anything that will work natively on a mac? I really would hate to drag out my old POS notebook to do this stuff.

ntippet

drvsdwz said:
can you also activate the perimiter shock sensor?
Nope it does not have this capability.

drvsdwz said:
Also can you do tpms with it as well?
No on this as well.

If you are programming TPMS sensors frequently it might be worth getting your own tool.

A company called Orange Electronic makes blank TPMS sensors and a tool to program them.

The T30 has went on sale for 150$ just recently, it might again.

Here are a couple threads on the sensors being used on Subaru's.

1 2

ntippet

Thread derailment imminent:

If it were me, I would just ignore the idiot TPMS nanny light.

Or just rip the bulb out of the dash.

The cost/benefit ratio of the TPMS system for multiple sets of tires is simply not worth the hassle.

Checking tire pressure takes 5 minutes.

Even if the pressure gets low during a drive for some reason, its easy to tell the difference in handling characteristics.

Latest posts

Back