front end

JLW7123

2005 legacy
Well the steering is starting to feel loose. Car has 166,000 miles could it be the steering rack, cv axles.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Most likely inner tie rods, they will make a huge difference in steering feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meyagi

I'm a hack
the control arm bushings are probably shot, common wear item on those legacys. id check it out and possibly start there

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Stupid winter force tires. I have those and they always look flat.
That's what I run in the summer on my lifted Foz, and I don't have these issues at all. Not sure if it's the size or what, but they work great and the corner fine.

Matt

??? Stock wrx wheels with about 32 lbs. I had 40 at the rally and the tech thought they looked flat!

Maxxguy25RS

+1 with what Meyagi said.  ive seen cars with way less milage than yours have the control arm bushings be torn. and +1 on getting a good front end shake down, tie rods, ball joints etc etc,

Maxxguy25RS

I'm planning to get whiteline bushings if I have leftover monies from taxes, that is if I don't owe. The legacy suspension is set up differently than an impreza, so the bushings ill get for my car will be different than yours. But, to answer your question, whiteline make a good bushing from what I have heard and read. You can also check out TURN IN CONSEPTS. Ther have plenty of other manufactures for bushings as well as other suspension components. Generally speaking, anything polyurethane will outperform rubber In terms of the stiffness and give. Where as the rubber ones are designed with more comfort than aggressive handeling, less NVH. As for other brands besides whiteline? That I don't know off the top of my head. Possibly a quick web search will warrant some results. I'd say the most common ones you will find are the whitelines though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back