Full Turbo-back exhaust, but no reflash on an '04?

OtterCraft

What are your opinions on running a catless downpipe and 3 inch exhaust without any type of ECU reflash?

Will I have issues running this for a month or two until I get some type of ECU management or should I wait till then before install?

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I would wait. It's taking a chance of causing engine damage if you run an aftermarket down pipe without a tune. Some have gotten away with it, but more have not.

OtterCraft

Can I go to a shop and have my ECU reflashed to run these mods properly without spending that kind of money on an AccessPort? Anyone close to the Bangor region?

Matt

i think as long as your not beating on it constantly id imagine you could do it for a little while.....obviously you need the tune though

gakosaurusrex

you can do it, its possible. i drove my car with no tune for a week. just dont boost and never go over half throttle. but a tune is a must if you want to woot.

XCELLR8

REVITUP
Don't worry all. I will wait for the AccessPort before install of any of the exhaust.
Hey Otter,

If money is the issue, get a tactrix cable for your car, open source tune, free download program on a laptop and your stage II. MUCH cheaper than AP.

Cable approx $185.00   2) Tune $85 (torqued performance)   3) Program (ECUFlash) Free  4)Laptop-yours or a friends- free

Just my suggestion

AP=$495 ?

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Wait until you can do it all at once. Or buy the turboback and keep it until you can get a tune, then put it on. You won't get much more performance out of just slapping on a 3" turboback, plus, you could cause damage if you boost it at all by accident.

OtterCraft

Got the new Cobb AP3, Invidia up/down pipe, Greddy full exhaust, and an upgrade on the new clutch to replace the one I blew apart.

Things were going nicely until a rear bearing shredded taking the axle with it. After replacing all that I noticed a metal ring missing on

the brand new front CV shaft which caused axle grease to spray the underside, and forcing yet another maintenance drive way trophy.

I am seriously concidering of going back to a WRX springs/struts versus the Forester setup.

Latest posts

Back