Granite State Dyno And Tune

wrbwrx

Well I have had a few people ask me about my experience down at GSD last week so heres my review.

Well me and gclark went down to GSD on may 17th for my appointment at 9am. We got there a little earlier and id say about 5 minutes after alex showed up in a sweet supra. He unlocked the doors brought us inside to where I gave him the keys to pull the car in. All within the first 30 min we had the car on the dyno strapped down and starting to talk about what I was looking for power.

Before all this started I had contacted GSD on the wonderful world of face book and through email. I gave alex a list of my mods and he then made me a map to download and run on my car for a few days till I could get down to see him.

Well we started doing a couple pulls and numbers were looking really good, then out of know where we ran into a few problems. Probably on the 4th 0r 5th run throttle body coupler cam flying off. Within 15-25 min we had it all back together. Did another run and came off again on the other side. well within another 15-25 min we got it back together again. Then one more time it came off again. We looked at it changed up the clamps and put it on a little different and the next run and on had no problems at all.

We did maybe 4 more runs had some good numbers and let the car cool off for about 10-15 minutes. Once it was cool we got the ball rolling again and the car made 295AWHP/310TQ. I was hoping for 300 or just over but with only 91 octane we couldn't get over the 300 mark. Car had done 15-16 pulls on the dyno. Alex then said we are going to take the car off the dyno and see how it goes on the street. We all hopped in and went for a spin. First thing I noticed is the car has incredible power and pulls really good and is very smooth, way better then any old base map.

Once we got back to the shop we went in and I paid alex for the tune, and we talked for a bit and he showed us the rest of the shop and met some of the guys there. And wow what a garage, I could have spent hours in there, really cool being able to see the rides there working on and some of the custom fab work they have done.

All in all, I was and still am very happy with the tune and price. Was a great time and car has never run so good. Anyone looking to go for a tune I recommend Alex at GSD any day of the week.

Thanks again for everything
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

Dylan.

Latest posts

Back