grill mount lighting

bear154

looking to mount lights inside the grill of my 04 fxt.  looking for tips on which lights to use (i'm guessing i don't want more than a 6" light housing)  and the best way to get them set properly.  i do want to be able to convert the bulbs to HIDs. 
default_additional_ferrari.gif

SUBARUDE

Just use a piece of angle iron and go from bumper beam bolt to bumper beam bolt and yes stay below a 7" light

DSC01390.jpg

bear154

thanks i'll have to look into that. i do also want to swap the grill guard out to the mesh. i think its sharp looking and i dont want to mount them on the bumper.  i haven't heard of anyone complaining about heating/cooling issues.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
I run a rack of 4 big Hellas mounted above bumper on my 2.5RS, zero issues with cooling so far (except when lower grille opening packed with snow). was just wondering if the lights mounted inside the grille opening made any difference.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
4x peepers work great on RS's. I'm sure stuffing some hellas in the monstrous forester opening will be okay.

Bend up some 1/4 inch flat stock and call it a day.

5711418599_cf95e35b3c_b.jpg

bear154

I'm gonna have to find some mesh to use for the grill though. The 04 doesn't come like the 06-08 sports.

bear154

they do make lamps that already have HIDs with internal ballasts.  one of the guys at work was telling me about some new ones.  i will ask him again tomorrow about them. 

dsmith

they do make lamps that already have HIDs with internal ballasts.  one of the guys at work was telling me about some new ones.  i will ask him again tomorrow about them. 
the hid hellas that I saw are like 250$ for a set. but they don't come in the same size as the 500's. I like the size of those and the ones gabe had in his forester.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back