Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace review

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I decided to install my Grimmspeed brace today, and this actually WAS as easy as they say. The only problem I ran into was snapping rusty bolts, a problem I knew all too well with these old cars. I wanted to do this product writeup, because for some reason, brakes have been a hot topic as of late. Some people may think of this product as gimmicky, and that's fine, you can think that, but it actually works; (at least on the butt dyno). I don't see this as being the end all be all part, but more of a supporting mod for other brake-work. Currently, my setup is stock WRX 2 piston's, with Brembo blanks for rotors, and I am running EBC Redstuff pads. In the past I have run Hawk HPS, and I think those are the best, in terms of initial bite, low dust, and wear. Lately, my brake feel has been lacking, I bought this brace, stainless steel lines, and I am upgrading to a better fluid. Just installing this brace alone, I honestly couldn't believe the difference this little part made (in conjunction with my other brake parts of course). I took the car out for a spin, and did the 60mph-0 slam, and it did okay, but the brace really shines in pedal feel. I need pedal feel, and this product improved it rather well. I'm already more confident in my cars stopping power.

In conclusion, at $90, this is an excellent part to add to someone who is looking for better braking, without having to go to a monstrous Brembo or similar caliper setup.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
brembos are over rated anyway
default_wink.png

I need to get one of these for the RS and make the pattern so I can make copies for my legacy and to have on file.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I have thought about this many times. Still haven't pulled the trigger. 

And I have to say.......I have had single piston, 2 pot, 4 pot 06-07 WRX brakes, and Brembos. Brembos FAR exceeded any of the others in braking. I had expensive aftermarket rotors and pads with the 4 pots too, and just stock with Brembos, and they were still night and day!

With that said, they are pricey, although not much more than 4 pots, but still damn pricey.

HR radness

His royal radness
I have the turninconcepts MC brace and SS lines with Hawk pads on the (now) wrecked bugeye.  They worked great, HUUUGE difference over stock

boxerboost

I just got a Grimmspeed brace in my Forester and can confirm that it does make the pedal feel much nicer.

Cheap part for a pretty noticeable increase in driver comfort.

Latest posts

Back