Ground Mod and New Battery

Ryan

'02 WRX. 80k miles. Engine mods: MBC and ground mod.

I've been having this problem with my car ever since I put in a new battery. I get major power loss when it starts to build boost, and when it does build boost (boost builds slowly btw), the car studders, loses power, boost cuts out sometimes, makes a weird fluttering sound and sometimes makes a sound like it hits the rev limiter when it's obviously not doing so.

Now, this problem only happens SOMETIMES. One day the car will work normally, then the other like crap. It will only change when the car has been turned off then back on, meaning, if the car is working perfectly, while driving the car it won't just suddenly go into this problem I'm having, and vice versa (if the car is runnning crappy, it will run crappy until the next time I turn it off, then back on.)

Now, before we go any further. I have checked my coil packs and they are fine and I changed my spark plugs.

I'm starting to believe that the problem I'm having is either:

A.) The ECU is throwing the car into a limp mode on start up sometimes for whatever reason.

B.) It has something to do with my ground mod that was installed when I had the factory Subaru battery... and now that I have a different battery with a higher cold crank, it's messing something up.

C.) Bad gas, or water in the tank... I highly doubt it though.

After installing the new battery, it also threw a CEL: P1096 (TGV Open Circuit #2). I highly doubt that this could be causing the problem I have since the TGV involves emmissions... but who knows, could it be?

I MUST stress the point that this problem ONLY started to happen AFTER I put a new battery in it. At this point I seriously think it's a battery issue and something is getting messed up on start up sometimes. I'm really considering getting another factory Subaru battery and see what happens.

Pllleeaasse Help! This is so frustrating

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
once the tech guys get home it would expidite the process by posting the year model and trim line of your car, as well as any mods

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
whoops... didn't mean to quote you
default_redface.gif

Tony Q

Maybe you should swing it by the dealership and have us take a look at. Where are you located? The weirdo part is the frequency of the problem. That is weird though. What kind of battery?

R

rallyXcramps

Tumble generator valve? Make sure they are plugged in.

R

redlinerally

Next to the left handed screw driver and the cable stretchers. You might even find it nearby the headlight fluid.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
blinkerfluid.jpg

blinker fluid duuuuuuuhhh! it is just stored in the clear tanks so you can check the levels. :
default_biggrin.png

R

rallyXcramps

You guys are retarded. :
default_biggrin.png

WRXs have tumble generators (ask LDR about their TGV problems).

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Check the wiring down by the battery. Putting the battery in, you may have caught it on the engine harnes and pulled one of the wires out of the connector. Its a large black pug with approximately 1 million wires in it. It would be real easy to set the battery on the harness when putting it in.

The battery could just be a coincidence. 80k miles eh? When is the last time plugs were done?

R

redlinerally

Now, before we go any further. I have checked my coil packs and they are fine and I changed my spark plugs.
I think he already did that.

And I don't know about you other guys, but I haven't seen any large black PUGS under my hood, especially ones with a million wires in them. >
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back