help Im in need of a test ecm or a replacement asap! 04 wrx 5mt!

bobs

Well I just bought a wrx and the previous owner hacked the hell out of the ecm harnes (no idea what for) and gauge cluster to hide the cel. I'm not impressed. I've done all that the diag work and I'm left with replacing the ecm as I have no reading on the front af sensor with ssm3. No voltage, no amperage, no correction etc. No resistance on ecm harnes terminal b84 wires 4, 5, heater circuit power and no resistance on ground side b84 terminal wires 8 and 9. I have battery voltage at the af sensor (new sensor btw) and no voltage drop when the sensor is hot. I'm stumped and all I have left to try is an ecm according to subaru diag charts. Any help would be great, thanks!

20130912_170718.jpg

20130912_180009.jpg

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Holy hackjob!  All of that work for codes that could have just been over-ridden with a rom....  I wouldn't plug a test ECU into that train wreck of a harness...

Get that harness back to stock form and then try a diff ecu.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobs

Well it supposedly is still under the dealers warranty so I guess I should try to get them to go good for an ecm harness or three and an ecm. Ya needless to say I wasn't very impressed to find this. Bought this car for 12k.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Well it supposedly is still under the dealers warranty so I guess I should try to get them to go good for an ecm harness or three and an ecm. Ya needless to say I wasn't very impressed to find this. Bought this car for 12k.
Sounds like a good plan.

Latest posts

Back