Help me with my power issue and win!

HR radness

His royal radness
Next weekend is the Okemo hillclimb and I still can't figure out the issue with my car. Help me fix it and I will offer a room at the condo I am staying at (right on the mountain with pool acess) for the hillclimb for anyone who is entering. Beer provided all weekend. If you dont want to race, I can arrange suitable compensation
default_additional_cheers.gif

The problem: while accelerating (regardless of gear), car will hesitate/sputter above .5 bar. Boost fluctuates and car hesitates constantly but WILL reach full boost. NO check engine. I had nearly the same problem and it was the # 3 coil pack, which I replaced. Right now I have a CEL for gross evap leak (p0457) I dont think its related. I had a member who tuned me last year take a look and he said that a lot of fuel was being thrown at the cylinders under load, much more than usual.

I have checked the following:

Cleaned air filter

Cleaned MAF

Checked plugs

Checked 3 port EBCS, with it unplugged i get wastegate boost, but the hesitation is still there, just barely noticeable when i get at .5 bar

Anyone want to chime in? I have next tuesday and wednesday to play with it, then I'm racing regardless.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Maybe do a compression check. When I blew a ringland, the car would hesitate like crazy, but no cell for you....you would think you would get a misfire code unless they were defeated...

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I have two random guesses. Speaking on lack of subaru turbo experience but lots of vw and audi. If not a misfire from plugs or coils which you state to have checked... is Maf reading incorrect, or Boost leak? Either one will cause vw and audi turbos to run like poop. Boost leak from crack in intercooler/hose only opening up under large boost? Turbo can overcompensate for boost leaking but then will cause maf sensor reading high for what is actually getting into the engine and not leaking, cause computer confusion and hesitations (cause lots of fuel to be added but is more than actual air amount reaching cylinders). Or if no actual leak, maf reading incorrect can cause issue, do you have a test maf try swap if cant compare readings under boost...

Meyagi

I'm a hack
i suspect one of the following

weak coil pack(s)

failing maf

failing tps

failing map

dirty injector, fuel filter or weak pump

failing front o2 sensor

Meyagi

I'm a hack
what time? ive got a ton of projects going on this week.... but i think i have all those suspect parts here so it would be easy enough to swap them over one at a time

Latest posts

Back