How do I pull my stereo?

DocRogers

Stereo only plays the speakers on the left side, sometimes the front, sometimes back. I suspect (hope) a loose wire is at fault. How do I pull the stereo out?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
What kind of car and what year? Nobody will be able to help unless you say what you have.

AiRX

If it's an 08, the harness is similar to mine (12). The connection in the harness itself is bad at the radio. I have the same problem in mine. We are going to use a liquid from Subaru to try and repair it. If that doesn't work they are going to replace the whole harness.

roadtrip1098

If you have trouble getting the bezel off on the 08+, try slipping a folded sheet of paper in behind it at a corner and keep adding sheets until you can get your fingers in there to pull it off. Don't use tools, the paint is soft. Then there should be 4 screws to take out to pull the strereo. If I remember right there are 2 more and you can pull out the AC Tubes for more room to work with (it can be a pain to put back in sometimes though).  Sorry I'm so late to post, but I just joined the forum today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back