How do I remove my headlights?

seph

I need to replace the marker light in my driver's side headlight, and I have an issue w/ the low beam flickering on and off...

I can't see how to get to them w/o taking out the whole assembly. Any Ideas??

ReZPunK

hammer-1.jpg

HR radness

His royal radness
You have to pull the whole assembly IIRC, remove the grille first and you should be able to get at the bolts that hold the light in

seph

I started to pull the grill pieces but they wouldn't budge...I pulled the clips on top but no luck...what am I missing?

HR radness

His royal radness
The lower part of the grill has tabs that just pull out I believe. Give it a firm tug and they should just come out, just make sure the upper tabs are already released

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
the subaru plastic is brittle in the cold, make sure you have some sort of heat or run the engine for a while to heat up the grill area.

Evan

yeah, theres one or two bolts behind the grill, then one on the top of the headlight, going into the rad support.

once you figure it all out it'll take you about 5 min to take them out. i've had mine out half a dozen times at least....

seph

well, I got it out enough to change the bulb, but it does look like you'd have to pull the whole bumper cover to get it out right.

What a PITA.... and I broke the far right tab that holds a clip, while putting it back in......oh well

Latest posts

Back