If I'm looking for a wagon ??

4WRXter

Skier!
I suspect I can search somewhere and find the answers, but I'm bored and want to talk to someone. O0

As I search for a wagon...Do all 02/03 and older OBS have the rear drum brake set-up? ( I don't think I will be buying anything newer than 03)

Do all the OBS have mounts for rear sways? I think I answered this one myself with Shorty's sway bar list. (I know,I know-SEARCH)

The OBS has single pot front calipers, correct?

What year did the OBS go to 2.5 engine?

What year did the RS or TS wagons come?

Thanks folks.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
They all take the same lateral links, so a sway bar is there. According to what I'm showing, all 02-07 Imprezas have at least twin pot front. I have yet to see a 02-06 Impreza with rear drums. I do list replacement parts, but I've yet to sell anything. OBS's, along with all N/A Impreza's got the SOHC 2.5.

I'm not sure about the RS. It looks like you coud get an RS wagon in 02-03, but not comfirmed. I can check Monday.

thanks, I was bored too.

bugeye wagons rule!

4WRXter

Skier!
One more question (for now). Do the OBS's have the same tranny/gearing as RS or TS. I do like the low, torquey gearing.

Rightseat

bugeye TS and OBS wags ran 3.9 gearing

02-03 RS sedan and wags run 4.11. THIS is the setup to search for.

Nigel, over and oot

4WRXter

Skier!
So, according to Shorty a few posts up, there is no RS Wag until 05. That means if I REALLY wanted 4.11 gearing I would have to replace a trans and the rear end? So by the time a 02 TS or OBS is "finished" I would have $11k-$12k.?.? based on an 02 TS at a mid coast used dealership for $8995.

Can I smell $10,000 02 rex?? Damn it, I kinda like the idea of N/A and 87 octane.

Oh well, I'm not in a big rush to do anything. Other than the fact that there is that particular TS available. In thinking as I type, I would be as well, maybe better with an OBS instead of that TS. Same engine, same gearing issue, More car for the money.?.?

Sorry to be so wishy-washy. Just thinking and typing.....

Rightseat

Wagon RS's were only '05. They were called TS's until then. I shoulda known that...
then WHY do I distinctly remember seeing a rally blue bugeye RS wag on the street a couple years back and getting the total hots to buy it on the spot?

maybe age-related memory loss, and/or inhaling too much welding smoke?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Wagon RS's were only '05. They were called TS's until then. I shoulda known that...
then WHY do I distinctly remember seeing a rally blue bugeye RS wag on the street a couple years back and getting the total hots to buy it on the spot?

maybe age-related memory loss, and/or inhaling too much welding smoke?
you welding galvanized again???

Rightseat

OK call those images of bugeye RS wag a "selective memory" :
default_smile.png

dbl-checked my tranny chart (lives @ ravensblade.com) and found:

ALL 02-04 Imprza wagoons had 3.9 ratio final drive. Only the RS sedan has the 4.11. (as do all 5mt Foresters, BTW)

first Imp wag with 4.11 gears was the 05 RS Sport Wagon. KBB lists private sale values of $10-12k with 40k miles

so a bugeye or cateye TS will need a gearbox/R diff transplant to do what you're seeking. KBB private sale val of $7200-$8700 depending on miles and condition. add $1000 for used gearbox/diff and associated parts (plus labor if you don't do own wrenching, plus more if car needs clutch, etc etc)

if you can swing $10k, look at bugeye Rex waggies. 200+hp, no transplants needed, betta brakes, rear limited slip, etc etc. Just be ready for significantly more maintenance $$ and feeding heavy 93-octane $3/gal gas habit

also, beware that Rexes are now prime cop magnets. you can't get away with crap in a Rex no more.

4WRXter

Skier!
Ok, so first step is selling my RS. In the interim, searching for 05 RS wagon for $10g. I guess that would be my ideal scenario. I kinda want to stay away from hi-test (did more than enough of that in my younger days) oops wait, different conversation. I mean I would prefer to be able to use 87 octane. Even though I run 93 a fair amount of the time, its nice to have options(can you tell I have commitment issues?)

I am not as skeptical of a higher mileage WRX in decent condition, as I would have been a year ago. I have located a couple of $10k rex's a little further south.

"also, beware that Rexes are now prime cop magnets. you can't get away with crap in a Rex no more."

Even a grandma, grocery getter, silver one?

Latest posts

Back