impreza strut question

scoobiesforlife

i know ive posted about struts in the past, but this is a different question.

i would like to stiffen the rear end on my car a little bit, it just seems to sag way lower than the front (most likely due to the amount of junk in my trunk) 

but the question i have is, what could i buy for struts to stiffen the back end, without lifting it too much. i was thinking some outback sport struts, but im not sure what years will work.

any advice will be helpful

Matt

My question would be how old are the struts. The spring is what controls the stiffness of the struts as well as the ride height. If they're worn out it'll sit low

sooch

Type-RA
I second what matt says!

There are also saggy butt spacers for GC wagons, they would work fine in any GC coupe or sedan.

scoobiesforlife

My question would be how old are the struts. The spring is what controls the stiffness of the struts as well as the ride height. If they're worn out it'll sit low
the rear struts arnt that old, but the right rear has started knocking again, no signs of visible leaking, but just knocks and rattles over bumps.

i have a full set of 02-03 wrx springs in the garage, just curious as to how much it might cost to utilize those as well.

scoobiesforlife

+1 on the saggy butt spacers. They are cheap and easy.
ive got those rubber "coil spring boosters" as they call them...i was planning on jamming them in the springs before i reinstall the whole thing, i only have like 8 of the damn things somewhere in my tool box

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
You'd have to use your tophats, but the 02-03 WRX top spring holder. But yes, those would be stiffer than what you have.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Nope. The strut has the lower perch that holds the spring, and then on top it has an upper perch. That's what I was meaning. Then your top hat will bolt down on top of that. You'll need your top hats at least in the rear because they have a different stud pattern than the newer impreza.

scoobiesforlife

it would be considered a very slight mod since my car is still pretty much original, only aftermarket item on my car is my radio. 

when i had rs struts in my outback, the front at least, it handled awesome. ill just play around with the springs and stuff when i get everything in and make a desision on if i really want to use them, since my driveway in litchfield is pretty much a mud pit, but after mud season its a good driveway.

or if i just want to get rid of the springs for dirt cheap

Latest posts

Back