Is this normal? - 2014 WRX Wheel Concentricity

Lezbaru

Ok, so I feel like I'm going insane about this, but essentially my front wheels are positioned extremely forward of center relative to the wheel well. I've looked online at side-views, and while this seems to be the case in most pictures I looked at to some degree, the issue seemed to be nowhere near as sever as on my car.

Picture of my car:
WheelConcentricity_zps2cc003a5.jpg

Distance "A" is greater than double Distance "B"

Is this normal? I've never had a car with this before, VW/Audi/BMW are all centered within the wheel well.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Mine looks the same dude. I thought I was crazy too, but it's the same on both the passenger and drivers side

Oh and post #3333

Last edited by a moderator:

Lezbaru

Mine looks the same dude. I thought I was crazy too, but it's the same on both the passenger and drivers side

Oh and post #3333
Thanks. I felt ridiculously stupid for even posting this, but its been driving me nuts.  Mine is the same drivers to passenger side as well.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Wheel travel in the Impreza is not straight up and down, it's at a slight angle, which is why wheel is not perfectly centered at normal ride height. This long-travel suspension is what makes a Subie good on bad roads, if you lower the car to center the wheel you lose a lot of ability to deal with bumps and dips...basically turning a nice WRX into a slammed Honder.

Worry about something more important, like did you comb hair straight this morning? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Lezbaru

Wheel travel in the Impreza is not straight up and down, it's at a slight angle, which is why wheel is not perfectly centered at normal ride height. This long-travel suspension is what makes a Subie good on bad roads, if you lower the car to center the wheel you lose a lot of ability to deal with bumps and dips...basically turning a nice WRX into a slammed Honder.

Worry about something more important, like did you comb hair straight this morning? LOL
I shave my head so I no longer have to worry about this.

Thank you for the response. I think I was worried because I couldn't seem to find another car that suffered from this as severely, but picture angle can make this difficult to judge.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
There is no "suffering" here. Long-travel strut-type front suspension is what makes a Subie a Subie. The ones that are suffering are the ones who have tight suspension with limited wheel travel, getting bounced around by mean Maine roads.

There is no "suffering" here. Long-travel strut-type front suspension is what makes a Subie a Subie. The ones that are suffering are the ones who have tight suspension with limited wheel travel, getting bounced around by mean Maine roads.
AKA the BRZ/FR-S. My front wheel is pretty much centered. Struts are pretty short, the rears are probably less the 18 inches long. You feel every bump.

n9ncFEH.jpg

Jamey

My car is low rides fine course I. Been driving low cars all my life. So I'm used to it

My car is low rides fine course I. Been driving low cars all my life. So I'm used to it

Latest posts

Back