Keyed Paint, How to fix?

Runnah

Ok so some asshole had keyed my car a while back. I am sick of looking at it.

What is a good way to fix minor scratchees that aren't down the the primer?

I've heard about buffing, but what compound and pad shoult I use?

Or should I do some minor wet-sanding.

Thanks.

Rightseat

buffing compound and elbow grease works wonders. note -- get mildly abrasive "buffing" compound...NOT "rubbing compound" which is heavily abrasive and rough on the clearcoat.

A more expedient (and perhaps more distinctive) approach would be to pop a couple fresh bullet holes in the trunk and affected fenders. Then the ppl will be more focused on the holes (and story behind them) than old key scratches.

DG

seph

buffing compound and elbow grease works wonders. note -- get mildly abrasive "buffing" compound...NOT "rubbing compound" which is heavily abrasive and rough on the clearcoat.

A more expedient (and perhaps more distinctive) approach would be to pop a couple fresh bullet holes in the trunk and affected fenders. Then the ppl will be more focused on the holes (and story behind them) than old key scratches.

DG
just be careful not to hit anything importanat

Impreza05

We have night qualifications coming up I would like to voluteer my services to uuhhmmm, fix said scratches. ;D

Rightseat

DG
just be careful not to hit anything importanat
Of Course!

do NOT shoot in stereo

do NOT shoot in A/C condenser...gas tank....sunroof....or tires.

everything else = fair game.

DG
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back